Bullies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bullies

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bullies

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:06 pm

I never got bullied except once in 5th grade just after my family moved back to WV. Was taught after I got home after the bulling that you stand up and fight back the bully would move on to easier prey. I lost the fight but he never bothered me again cause I got a few licks in.

Taught the same thing to my son in the 3rd grade after the teachers told me and my wife that they couldn't do anything unless they saw the incident. This is after my son told me that when he complained to his teacher that he should tell her the next time. I told the teacher in our meeting that I was going to tell my son to defend himself. Her response was "don't do that he will get suspended." Well I did it anyway. He got a 1 day suspension and I took a day of vacation and we went to the go cart track, game room, and played some puttputt. Had a blast that day.

The worst thing our schools are doing to our kids is teaching them to not stand up for themselves, even when doing what they tell you to do doesn't work and there is only two options left: to cower in fear or defend yourself. Then they punish you for defending yourself.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:45 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:I used to have a big problem with a certain bully.

See, my mother and I moved to a new house in LA. While I was chilling at the beach and getting a nice tan I met this cute girl and we started chatting...but her meat-head boyfriend came over and challenged me to a fight. I knew some karate at the time but that guy was just better trained so he promptly handed my ass to me. I was broken down and in tears.

I went to the local karate dojo, known as the Kobra Kai. Funny coincidence, the jealous boyfriend went there too and he was a hotshot. Him and his friends kept making fun of me, so I thought it would be funny to pull a prank on them. Boy was I wrong...him and his friends were kicking my ass again when a nice old man named Mr. Igayim saved my life. That old man kicked all of their asses! He saw that I knew something about karate but that I needed a lot of training if I wanted to really understand it, so he took me under his wing. Mr. Igayim tried to get the Kobra Kai sensei to stop the boyfriend from harassing me but it was no hope. Mr. Igayim said my only hope for standing up for myself was to enter and win the local karate tournament.

At first I thought the training was dumb, he had me waxing cars and painting fences! But little did I realize, he was actually training my muscles in the motions I needed to perform basic skills that I needed! I worked long and hard for the tournament, and Mr. Igayim became a kind of father to me because my father was long gone at this point.

And just so you know, I kicked ass at that tournament. I knocked out the boyfriend with a special kick I learned where I took the pose of a Krane. Mr. Igayim looked at me with pride in his face and told me "You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you down! You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you down! You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you dooowwwnnnnn!"

The Devil whispered in my ear..... he made his message clear when he said...

Sweep the leg... Johnny... sweep the leg....

A really cool video actually for those who grew up with this. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:04 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:The worst thing our schools are doing to our kids is teaching them to not stand up for themselves, even when doing what they tell you to do doesn't work and there is only two options left: to cower in fear or defend yourself. Then they punish you for defending yourself.

I wholeheartedly agree with you man. I endured some crap in middle school, and every time I would complain to my parents or guidance counselor, they'd have a talk with the kid, then it would start again a couple weeks later. I always got the same crappy advice that never worked. Then after moving to a new high school, I fight back and almost get suspended. It was all worth it though b/c the kid shut up after that.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:26 pm

In 9th grade I had about 5 african american guys steal my neck chain in gym class. 2 of them really did the stealing and the others just backed them up.

About 5 years after highschool I hear that one of the guys is in prison for life for murder and the other ended up getting killed in a drive by a couple of years later. His dumb arse should have willed that chain back to me :-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:16 am

I was never really bullied and i never really did the bullying. The biggest thing we got into was in 6th grade my group of friends reaaally did not get along witht the 7th graders so there was tons of verbal and quite a bit of physical conflict. But I wouldn't really call that bullying, more just mutual dislike.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:09 am

I was never(still haven't been) bullied. I have no idea why, since I'm a HUUUGE nerd.. I guess I just learned how to talk(and befriend the really tough kids who know how to fight :-b ).. That and flicking your leatherman blade open and closed when someone starts approaching really helps as a way of keeping people from bothering you.

I guess I just ended up lucky..
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

i've never been a bully (well, maybe a verbal bully like someone else said, i can say some real A-hole things on occasion...you know, the one's where you think "i cant say that" and then realize it's too entertaining not to)

i did get picked on by some older kids in Jr High which led to some fights (1 draw - it was a fight in the snow and we both got really cold, 1 epic win)

i had 1 good beat down by an older kid who we helped rake leaves in the neighborhood for money and then they wouldnt pay so i threw some eggs at him...that didnt end well

i also got punched in the nose when a girl friend (not girlfriend) flipped some guy off in a van because he mad catcalls at her, turned out he was some crazy druggie that i sort of knew so i just took the punch and didnt fight back because i knew he was pretty crazy
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:43 am

houstonherdfan wrote: The worst thing our schools are doing to our kids is teaching them to not stand up for themselves, even when doing what they tell you to do doesn't work and there is only two options left: to cower in fear or defend yourself. Then they punish you for defending yourself.

You are absolutely right. It doesn't take a genius to figure out,

-"Hey, we've been getting a lot of complaints about this big kid bullying other kids."

-"Well what should we do about it?"

-"Let's talk to him."

-"But, that didn't work last time."

-"Then give him a warning."

-"That will be his second one."

-"Well just tell him if he gets 3, there will be consequences."

-"OK, and what should we do with this boy who's 5 inches shorter and 50 lbs. lighter, with a bloody nose, and a pretty swollen cheek, who actually stood up to this troublemaker today?"

-"Suspend him"

WTF!!!

I've always hated bullies. My mom use to do a lot of work with mental handicapped children, as far as volunteering her time and horses so they could go riding and do a lot of other things around the farm. And being around kids like that you hear a lot of crap. 100% pure crap. So, I was kinda raised to stand up for the ones that couldn't stand up for themselves. Or were too scared to. It's tough, but there's a part of a person that makes it easy too.
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote: 1 epic win

you should tell us a story, I'm bored. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:44 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:So were you a bully or did you get bullied? Any good stories of turning the tables on bullies?

I got bullied in the earlier years in school because I was pretty scrawny and didn't know how to fight. Studied a couple forms of karate, then hit the gym to bulk up. Last time I had anyone try anything with me was on a volleyball court. Guy was a wannabe Olympic gymnast who thought he was 7 feet tall and built (and a real jerk). He tried to 'pant' me (run up behind me and try to pull my shorts down) just to be a prick. I grabbed both his wrists and pinned them to his sides, then yanked him towards me and head butted him hard enough to put him down. He left, and never came back. I felt kinda bad about it since I'm not a violent sort, but when I found out later that he also liked hitting women, any remorse I had evaporated.

Nice. ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk