Bullies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bullies

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bullies

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:45 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:bullies are a lot like dogs IMO. as long as you show them that you arent scared, and reflect confidence (even if it isnt the case), they generally back down. i used to do this back in high school when i was pretty small and it seemed to work pretty well. i did end up getting in one "fight" in a pickup game of football with a bully and he never messed with me again. he was an anomoly though..the dude just wouldnt give up picking on me and my friends and i finally got tired of it.

since high school i lifted a lot and put on some weight, and now no one starts anything with me.

I had always felt that way too, that a bully confronted will back down. I wasn't small or big in school but I was a terrible smarta**. So when I was in 7th grade and new meat the bullies would give me grief and laugh when I has some smart reply. I did get to lippy with a jerk named Cliff, who was only a half a foot and 50 lbs bigger than I. He took a swing at me way before I was ready. I can take a punch pretty well and surprised him with a left that broke his nose. I'd like to say that I pounded the crap out of Cliff, but in truth it was more like a Shawshank beat down...without the sex afterwards :-° . He pounded on me pretty good, I can remember throwing some punches but it didn't seem to bother him. One of the other bullies rescued me after Cliff was rapping my head against the bench for a bit. To look at us afterward you'd think I held my own, but for some reason other than a split lip, black eye, and some sore ribs he didn't really hurt me. I think to this day that he didn't want to fight and laid off some.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk