if you had the draft today, where would you pick Favre? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

if you had the draft today, where would you pick Favre?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: if you had the draft today, where would you pick Favre?

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:08 am

moochman wrote:
Metroid wrote:If he winds up in Minny I'd take him as my #1 QB. :-D

And therein lay the rub. Favre is a gamble but has potential to pay off huge if he ends up on the right team. As with any pick, a lot would depend on how the draft is going and who my #1 QB is. I might grab Favre as early as the 10th rnd.

Yeah it's just too tough to tell right now. If it looked like Green Bay and Minny were in serious talks I'd take the risk, but I've seen nothing very conclusive yet....probably wont either, I'm sure I'll just wake up one day and the ESPN ticker will read "Favre now a Viking." :-?

Unless I drafted him in which case the ticker would read "Favre now a Bear." :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:21 am

If I had a Brady/Manning/Romo... even Brees/Ben type... i would take the risk sooner... otherwise I would hold off to get him as a QB3 with QB1 potential..
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby onnestabe » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:37 pm

I would take him right before I took a kicker and a defense, because I don't think he is even going to play.

From what I can tell, Favre only wants to play in the right situation, and I think he wants all the control of the situation. I think that Favre wants to be the starter for Green Bay or his outright release, and I don't think Green Bay will give him either of those. If they were going to welcome him back as a starter, they would have already done it so this whole mess would be over. They aren't going to release him because he would almost certainly be Minnesota's QB the day after his release, and having Favre run out of the tunnel in purple on Monday night of week 1 pretty much guarantees that Ted Thompson will be fired in short order.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:47 pm

I don't have the draft today. I have the draft August 31st in my money league. ;-) :-D

Interesting topic though. I'd probably stay away from him. There's still a good chance he wont play at all this year.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby LeBron James » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 pm

If Alex Smith was my starting QB, then yeah, I would take Favre and start him. Even though Favre might not play next year, he would still give me more fantasy points - zero, than Alex Smith (-5).
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:44 am

we actually hold our draft party this Sunday, and with plenty of Viking fans, a packer fan, a jets fan, and a bears fan I wonder if someone doesn't take a shot at him after they fill out their starting roster...
thats the problem with drafting so early, but this is the weekend when everyone will be back in town anyway so if we want all the teams there we gotta do it now

The potential for him to drastically outperform his draft status is tempting, but I think in my league he will go long before I would be willing to take a chance on him

If he goes to MN Berrian, Rice, and Shiancoe all get pretty significant upgrades IMO
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:46 am

and to answer the actual question I would think about drafting him about round nine (of 13) or so

People will probably scoff at that early but think to potential profit if he goes to MN, and all you lose is a draft pick if he stays retired
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mariners100 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:26 am

Trainer of Dolphins wrote:and to answer the actual question I would think about drafting him about round nine (of 13) or so

People will probably scoff at that early but think to potential profit if he goes to MN, and all you lose is a draft pick if he stays retired

I actually just posted this on another thread... but Ill post here too....

In my money keeper league I know atleast one guy who is looking at taking Favre is he worth his first pick in our draft to fill our rosters? Where would you take him today if you had to draft (like we are)
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:51 am

drafted yesterday and Favre went in the 7th round to a team who had tony romo already

he is predicting Favre ends up on the Vikings and then will have trade value (we have a few Viking homers in our league)
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Humpback » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:41 am

Why does everyone think that Favre on Minny is a good thing for his FF value? Sure, they have a great running game, but their passing weapons are no where near as good as GB's. He'd have much more FF value in GB than in Minny, IMO.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk