if you had the draft today, where would you pick Favre? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

if you had the draft today, where would you pick Favre?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: if you had the draft today, where would you pick Favre?

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:52 am

Actually Sidney Rice, Bernard Berrian, and Bobby Wade could make a darn good WR corps should Favre land in Minnie.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:13 am

moochman wrote:Actually Sidney Rice, Bernard Berrian, and Bobby Wade could make a darn good WR corps should Favre land in Minnie.

I've said this many times, but I'll say it again for this thread. Rice has as much talent as many of the WRs out there. Kid makes amazing grabs and has great footwork. Berrian can stretch the field and can actually catch. Wade proved last year that he can play the slot. I'm fairly certain he lead the team in catches. He's not a bad underneath option. They aren't the greatest... but they are a pretty solid trio. With Favre, Defenses won't know how to play for both AD and Favre very well.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Humpback » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:50 pm

I didn't say they were horrible, but Rice, Berrian, Wade and Shiancoe/Kleinsasser aren't nearly as good as Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, Nelson and Lee. People are acting as if his value would skyrocket if he ends up in Minny, and I just don't see it. If I owned him (I don't nor do I plan to), I'd much rather he stayed in GB.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby treat24 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Humpback wrote:I didn't say they were horrible, but Rice, Berrian, Wade and Shiancoe/Kleinsasser aren't nearly as good as Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, Nelson and Lee. People are acting as if his value would skyrocket if he ends up in Minny, and I just don't see it. If I owned him (I don't nor do I plan to), I'd much rather he stayed in GB.

Favre in GB is higher value than in MN. I don't think anyone should question that. AD and Chester will score quite a bit. GB has better WRs. etc, etc... I think MN as a whole will be a much much better team. I think you gotta look at MN and DAL for the NFC title with Favre in MN. I don't see Favre's fantasy value being better in MN than GB. However it is better in MN than in Mississippi :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:46 pm

Humpback wrote:I didn't say they were horrible, but Rice, Berrian, Wade and Shiancoe/Kleinsasser aren't nearly as good as Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, Nelson and Lee. People are acting as if his value would skyrocket if he ends up in Minny, and I just don't see it. If I owned him (I don't nor do I plan to), I'd much rather he stayed in GB.

I like his value better in Minny, his running game gets a boost even if he does have Grant, and Favre could make Rice a stud, he's destined to break out soon enough...Minny has a much better defense as well, I just don't see teams stopping AD with Favre slinging the rock around.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Humpback » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:26 pm

LS2throwed wrote:

I like his value better in Minny, his running game gets a boost even if he does have Grant, and Favre could make Rice a stud, he's destined to break out soon enough...Minny has a much better defense as well, I just don't see teams stopping AD with Favre slinging the rock around.

Favre "could" make Rice a stud, but he already has several studs in GB. Rice could also just as easily be average. Minny does not have a much better defense- GB actually gave up less points and yards per game than they did last year. GB's passing D is much better than Minny's and he'd go from facing a horrible passing D (Minny) twice per year to a better one (GB) twice per year. He'd have to learn a whole new system, players, etc. I know, he knows the coaches, but it's still a new environment.

I have him at about the 7-10 QB range in GB, 10-15 in Minny. Can't see any reason why he'd be more valuable in Minny than in GB.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby treat24 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Humpback wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

Favre "could" make Rice a stud, but he already has several studs in GB. Rice could also just as easily be average. Minny does not have a much better defense- GB actually gave up less points and yards per game than they did last year. GB's passing D is much better than Minny's and he'd go from facing a horrible passing D (Minny) twice per year to a better one (GB) twice per year. He'd have to learn a whole new system, players, etc. I know, he knows the coaches, but it's still a new environment.

I have him at about the 7-10 QB range in GB, 10-15 in Minny. Can't see any reason why he'd be more valuable in Minny than in GB.

2 things, The vikes pass d... divided by the number of pass plays we see actually puts us average (tied for 14th)... middle of the league. We shut down the run so well that we saw more pass plays than any team in the league by quite a bit... the gap between us and #2 was bigger than any other gap from 1 team to the next on the list. We let up more yards than anyone because of that. It isn't good, but it's not as bad as it seems. Jared Allen and Madieu Williams will help that.

this quote: "Favre "could" make Rice a stud, but he already has several studs in GB. Rice could also just as easily be average."

is spoken like you've never seen him play :-D

I do agree with you on Favre though. I think he has better value in GB cuz they would throw more. In MIN, Favre would basically be giving AD more room to run IMO. Either way I have Favre in the 7-12 range. With the pack... more like 7/8/9... with the vikes 10/11/12... I think good year or bad year he would fall in that range with either team.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:33 pm

He deserves a look right after Hass and Derek Anderson come off the board, that seems like a good landing spot for him...I certainly would feel more comfortable with him as my starting QB over Anderson, and I know I only need a bye week QB to fill in...If he stays in GB its great value at that spot, lets you go RB and WR heavy first and you have all your starters by the time you would even look to Favre.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Popcynical » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:37 pm

I burned my 6th waiver priority on Favre last week in my Cafe dynasty league... might turn out to be a good move.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk