Moderator: Football Moderators

Leaner, meaner Jamal Lewis

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:09 pm

A leaner Jamal Lewis shapes up for big season
Jamal Lewis known for offseason regimen
By Patrick McManamon
Beacon Journal sports columnist
Published on Tuesday, Jul 29, 2008

BEREA: Jamal Lewis ran 1,304 yards last season when his playing weight was listed at 245 pounds.

So what did he do in the offseason?

He dieted and lost weight so he could report to the Browns training camp at the lightest he has been since he was a junior at the University of Tennessee.

Want to question that decision?

You're allowed; it is America, after all. But nobody on the Browns seems to know himself better than Lewis, and nobody takes as professional an approach to preparation and readiness for the season.

Consider Lewis' thinking for coming to camp at 237 pounds — a loss that is noticeable.

''Knowing the scheme that we're going to run here and the runs that we run . . . there are a lot of outside runs,'' he said after the morning workout Monday. ''There's not a lot of old-school, downhill, pounding plays. Being able to utilize the offensive line that we have, with their skill and their speed, as agile as they are, as athletic as they are, I just felt like I needed to get down so I could hit the corner and get back to doing what I used to do.''

con't...

rest of article: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/26021799.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk