First preseason game this Sunday!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

First preseason game this Sunday!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: First preseason game this Sunday!!!!

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:38 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Seriously, I am friggin' pumped to see the Colts first preseason game. It's a great day when the NFL is live on the tube. As an Indy fan, it will be very interesting to see how backup quarterback Jim Sorgi performs with the first team offense. He's never really had the opportunity to play with Reggie Wayne or a first string offensive line, so it will be nice to see him gets some reps with them in a competitve game. More so, I'd like to see the wide receiever core beyond the big three. I have high hopes that Roy Hall, Pierre Garcon and Co. will be up to the task of playing at a high level when their numbers are called. Depth at that position will be at a premium considering Marvin Harrison's questionable future, though I'm confident he'll be ready come week one.

And of course, Mike Hart. Can't wait to see how he fits into the Colts' plans. ;-D

Yeah, you could say I'm excited!!!

I hope Sorgi sucks, and Gray, and Dough boy. I want Josh Betts rostered.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:10 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:go skins }:-) :-D

I hope Kyle Boller throws 30 picks this year. :^ :-b

the sad thing is....if he gets the job its not out of the question :~( !+)

im on the troy smith bandwagon ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:23 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:go skins }:-) :-D

I hope Kyle Boller throws 30 picks this year. :^ :-b

the sad thing is....if he gets the job its not out of the question :~( !+)

im on the troy smith bandwagon ;-D

Heh, that's a good point about Boller's statistical possibilities. Something tells me he'll lose the job to Flacco before he gets the chance to suck that much. From what I hear, Boller's the best looking quarterback in camp, but that's mostly due to experience. I'm right there with you when it comes to Troy Smith. I would love to see what he could do over an extended stretch of time.

aaawall91 wrote:I hope Sorgi sucks, and Gray, and Dough boy. I want Josh Betts rostered.

I take it you're a Miami (OH) fan? Betts should have no trouble making the roster. Gray and Lorenzen are just warm bodies running the scout team at this point.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 am

I am ready for some football!!!!!

YAYYYYY!!!!

dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:05 am

After a long dry spell this will be the sip of water that keeps me going until the regular season starts. I'll be watching B-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:16 pm

scottaa1 wrote:After a long dry spell this will be the sip of water that keeps me going until the regular season starts. I'll be watching B-)

More like a sip of Corona :-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:24 am

I am pumped for the game...Will be paying alot of attention to Gonzo and Roy Hall, was hoping I could see Kelly and Thomas but it looks like both guys will be out which sucks...Either way I don't care, I will watch the entire game just because that first pre-season game is always exciting that football is finally back :-D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:06 am

As with football, bad blood always happens. I personally hate the Redskins. Not because of the team, but from one particular reporter from the Washington Post who came out to Seattle last year for the postseason. He had drinks at Pyramid with me and talked too much crap and then *literally* started a fight with me.

I hate the Redskins. }:-)
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:12 am

Word out of Terre Haute is that Roy Hall has been impressing Colts WR coach Clyde Christensen. He's taken a big step forward by running crisp routes and catching nearly everything thrown his way. Apparently, during yesterday's practice, he was burning cornerback Kelvin Hayden with regularity, and Hayden's no slouch. We'll see, but I'm excited by the news. Devin Aromashodu, who was on the Colts roster last season is also looking sharp and could surprise at wideout. Pierre Garcon and Sam Giguere are going through the usual bumps rookies tend to go through. Garcon has struggled a bit as a kick returner, looking lost and having difficulty fielding kicks. Christensen has been especially tough on Giguere, which may indicate that he sees some serious promise in Giguere. Of course, it could also mean that he just sucks. :-?

Quarterback situation reports say that Jim Sorgi hasn't looked terribly sharp, while former Jags quarterback Quinn Gray is appearing to have a firm grasp of the offense. That a bit of a shocker considering Gray just signed with the Colts about a week ago. I'm sure we'll get to see both Sorgi and Gray at some point on Sunday with Gray possibly getting a shot with the second team. Lorenzen has looked, well...fat and sluggish which is no big surprise. Josh Betts, who has been with the Colts since 2006 should also be in the mix at quarterback.

Tony Dungy is very impressed by Mike Hart's desire. The guy apparently works his tail off to get everything done perfectly. Dungy has stated that he's not the least bit surprised to see Hart working so hard, considering how well he played at Michigan. Second year running back Clifton Dawson has also been impressive at camp. During some drills, Indy's been utilizing Mike Hart as a fullback with Clifton Dawson getting goalline carries behind Hart as a lead blocker. Could just be situational stuff, but an interesting note nonetheless. At this point Rhodes is firmly entrenched in the #2 spot with Dawson and Hart climbing the chart. Colts running back coach Gene Huey talked very positively about Hart, Dawson and rookie free agent Chad Simpson. Not a peep about Kenton Keith which is just more evidence that he's likely on the outs with the Colts. Apparently, his poor pass protection and pass-catching skills have damaged his chances just as much as his offseason arrest.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:11 am

Wow, Hart as a FB?!? Looks like they must like his attitude, he is a cocky little guy, but are having trouble finding where he could be of use. I hope he can hang.
I have to work, but the DVR will give me the opportunity to watch all that is good...about 1 quarter. Usually the game is so poorly played I can't watch much more than that.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk