Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Movie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Movie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Movie

Postby treat24 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 am

treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Movie

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:07 am

I"ve never seen one of Harry Potter's movies. Was he good in Narnia?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:57 am

scottaa1 wrote:I"ve never seen one of Harry Potter's movies. Was he good in Narnia?

Cute. :-b

I like the Harry Potter flicks WAY more than the Narnia stuff. The trailer does look good...they keep getting darker, I like it. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:59 am

Yeah, it looks very dark. Looks pretty good though. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:14 am

I've kinda lost interest in the HP films. Adapting bigger books have forced the movies to lose so much of the details that I liked from the books.

Does anyone know if the old rumor about splitting this movie into two happened or not?
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:36 am

beanoX3 wrote:I've kinda lost interest in the HP films. Adapting bigger books have forced the movies to lose so much of the details that I liked from the books.

Does anyone know if the old rumor about splitting this movie into two happened or not?

This is book 6 it is one part. The rumor was they were splitting book 7 into 2 movies and everything I have seen has that being fairly true. I never heard a word of book 6 being two parts except for people joking that the book was so big it needed to be 2. No serious rumors from sources that I knew of.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:21 pm

Seems like as the books get longer the movies get shorter which makes no sense whatsoever.

If you need to take 3 hours to tell the entire story DO IT. I have no problems sitting through a longer movie and feel satisfied than leave the theater saying "Man they cut a good 400 pages out..."

Hopefully this one will be better than the past few. I remember not caring much for 3 and 4, 5 was alright, hopefully they are swinging back in the right direction.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:35 pm

treat24 wrote:Trailer looks ok. :-)

the trailer looks quite good indeed. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby treat24 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:58 pm

SniperShot wrote:Seems like as the books get longer the movies get shorter which makes no sense whatsoever.

If you need to take 3 hours to tell the entire story DO IT. I have no problems sitting through a longer movie and feel satisfied than leave the theater saying "Man they cut a good 400 pages out..."

Hopefully this one will be better than the past few. I remember not caring much for 3 and 4, 5 was alright, hopefully they are swinging back in the right direction.

They haven't really shortened that much, but I agree... they should use 3 hours if they need it. I only left Azkaban feeling they left pertinent stuff out. However, JK works with these films... and upon watching them over and over again, she was right in what she made them leave in and allowed them to take out. The stuff she left out that annoyed me, in the end... after reading all seven... did not need to be in the movies.

for reference:

"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," 352 pages: Running time -- 2 hours 41 minutes

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," 448 pages: Running time -- 2 hours 22 minutes

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," 734 pages: Running time -- 2 hours 37 minutes

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," 896 pages: Running time -- 2 hours 18 minutes

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," 672 pages: Running time -- film to be released in 2008
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm

Yeah I just remember the last one really felt like it could have had another 20 minutes or so.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to General Talk