How to add to a keeper... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How to add to a keeper...

Moderator: Football Moderators

How to add to a keeper...

Postby deacon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:01 pm

I am in a keeper league that has 12 teams and wants to expand to 14. The commish thinks it is ok for the 2 new managers to just pick from what's left in the pool before having the draft but I think that is completely unfair to the new managers. Basically they are only getting the chance to pick up from players that no one else wanted bad enough to keep (basically garbage players).

What is the best way to add teams to a keeper league? Should we have a traditional redraft to incorporate the new teams and then resume keepers?

Need some insight on this please.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How to add to a keeper...

Postby grover99 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:06 pm

How many players do you keep? If it is a little number like 1 or 2, then letting the new owners take their pick from the remaining players isn't that bad. However if it is a big keeper league, then I think you should have an expansion draft. Every old team can protect x number of players, x has to be less then the number of keepers. After a player is chosen off of an existing team, they can protect another player.

Just my $.02.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deacon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:15 pm

It is 3 keepers per team but with 12 teams already that means that every #1 RB, QB, and WR will already be on someones roster. That means the best a new team can do is get a second tier player if done the way the commish wants to do it.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:31 pm

Assuming that its a straight keeper, and not one with progressing values/salaries (where premier players dont get kept all the time) let them buy in cheaper. If its a $100 buy in let them in for $50 the first year. With 3 keepers its really not fair to take a keeper away from half the teams.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:49 pm

you could change it to keeper 2 for this year, then move back to keeper 3 next year. w only 2 players kept per team there should be 4 keeper worthy guys not kept. take a look at the rosters and see if a few teams have 3 really good guys. i would think teh guy who has ADP has at least 2 other keeper worthy guys. remember that you only need to find 4 keeper worthy non keepers this way

thsi way you arent taking gusy away from just some existing teams, and i would be unhappy drafting now as one of teh 2 new guys
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ChyBoy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:46 pm

Actually I am expanding my league from 10 to 12 this year and we are keeping 3 players. I am allowing the 10 original teams to franchise 1 player that can not be touched. Then the 2 expansion teams can pick any of the remaining players. Only 1 player is allowed to be selected off an existing team. I think this is fair to everyone.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:27 pm

ChyBoy wrote:Actually I am expanding my league from 10 to 12 this year and we are keeping 3 players. I am allowing the 10 original teams to franchise 1 player that can not be touched. Then the 2 expansion teams can pick any of the remaining players. Only 1 player is allowed to be selected off an existing team. I think this is fair to everyone.

i understand you have to do something, but i dont think this is not the fairest way to go. the teams that get their keepers taken are now at a disadvantage to the teams that didnt get anybody picked. i know i would be mad if my 2nd keeper got picked and 6 other teams' did not...i would feel cheated
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner