Gruesome Ride. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Gruesome Ride.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gruesome Ride.

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:50 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
The RCMP and Greyhound officials have confirmed that a "major incident" took place on the bus but few details have officially been released.

Really a major incident? I would think so %-6

m16a wrote:What kinda sicko is this dude... 8-o

Canadian ;-7

I believe judging by his name he's of Korean descent. Maybe Chinese.

I've been reading some of these stories over the last couple days and it's insane. Some sick stuff I never would have thought would happen right here on the mainland of North America....at least North of Mexico (heard some stories over the years from Mexico as well.). Insane!!

I'll say one thing though, I wouldn't have run off the bus. I would have found something right quick to hit him with. I know I can say whatever I want cause I was there, but I find it quite sickening no one helped this poor dude right away. 37 people? Pretty sure they could have taken him with minimal damage done.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:49 pm

You almost have to wonder if bus drivers shouldn't be trained to carry arms. What if this guy would have started going after more people?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Somebody is going to pull the mental card in the trial on this one, I can tell. :-t
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:38 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:I've been reading some of these stories over the last couple days and it's insane. Some sick stuff I never would have thought would happen right here on the mainland of North America....at least North of Mexico (heard some stories over the years from Mexico as well.). Insane!!

I'll say one thing though, I wouldn't have run off the bus. I would have found something right quick to hit him with. I know I can say whatever I want cause I was there, but I find it quite sickening no one helped this poor dude right away. 37 people? Pretty sure they could have taken him with minimal damage done.

Yeah I was talking about this with a few friends this evening. No way I let this guy hack someones head off, I might get stabbed too but what the hell? Of course it's the whole "you weren't there" thing but still. I don't get why no one tried to help this poor kid. "37 people?" Exactly! What the hell? I just don't get why no one would try and help, I mean I'm no hero but I'm not sure I could live with myself if I high tailed it out of there while some whack job hacked some kids head off. So they got all heroic and kept him on the bus...Whoopie fricking doo! Where was that heroism when dude was getting shanked? If the guy had a gun I could understand but it was just a large hunting knife...come on. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:57 am

i've been in situations that caught me off guard and completely horrified me before. i was basically physically paralyzed for a few moments while i attempted to understand what i was witnessing. and i don't remember specifics right now. i haven't slept in about 40 hours at this point. i just remember the feeling after the madness had washed over me and all that remained was the disappointment that i didn't react differently. you know people are all wired differently. i don't think that conscious thought determines how a person reacts to something like this. and i am certain that no one here has seen anything remotely close to this scenario, with the exception of danielrp. i know there are some other vets around here, but he's the only one i know has seen some hardcore action. even then, you are in a warzone and have to be a bit prepared for aggression. most of these people were probably napping or reading a book or fiddling with mp3 players or something. the accounts that i've read talked like it was over before it began. the kid really had no chance. but again i don't think someone unawares is capable of processing this information and able to use it all to make the right decision. anyway, yeah, i'd like to believe that i would have jumped up and crushed that attackers larynx or something. but i really don't think i would have done anything different than the people on the bus did.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:14 pm

I hear ya moon, I was pretty sauced last night when I typed that...I'm sure I'd probably have to be equally as sauced to have done something in that situation. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:38 am

just read an article about some guy who opened fire with some sort of automatic weapon on a bunch of high school kids swimming at the Wisconsin/Michigan border...killed 3 i believe (i'm to lazy to find the article, i'm sure it's on Freep.com)...some real wacko's out there
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:20 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Somebody is going to pull the mental card in the trial on this one, I can tell. :-t

Yeah, as if someone who would murder, decapitate, and, if recent reports are accurate, eat a complete stranger on a Greyhound bus could have any mental health issues.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:25 pm

bagobonez wrote:That's why I would never feel comfortable going to sleep around strangers. You just never know.

That's one of my many rules too. Scary to think what can happen if you leave yourself vulnerable.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby m16a » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
That's one of my many rules too. Scary to think what can happen if you leave yourself vulnerable.

Same here, Along with sitting with your back against a wall no matter what the transportation..
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk