Gruesome Ride. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Gruesome Ride.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gruesome Ride.

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:43 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:I'll say one thing though, I wouldn't have run off the bus. I would have found something right quick to hit him with. I know I can say whatever I want cause I was there, but I find it quite sickening no one helped this poor dude right away. 37 people? Pretty sure they could have taken him with minimal damage done.

Really? You find it shocking that noone helped :-? Haven't you seen the Dateline where they put someone in a situation and watch as everyone just ignores it. There have also been other well known events that happen where people just walk by. What about the guy in Conn. who was hit by a car and people just kept on driving/walking by. You really think people are going to go after some psyco that has a human head in his hands taking a bite out of it. I too would like to think that I would help, but if some guy is dangling a head out of the window, I'll wait for another situation to show how brave I am.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:23 pm

m16a wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
That's one of my many rules too. Scary to think what can happen if you leave yourself vulnerable.

Same here, Along with sitting with your back against a wall no matter what the transportation..

Yeah, I actually have a sometimes annoying habit of requiring a seat, be it in a restaurant, meeting, whatever, that faces the door or entrance. It can be ackward sometimes when I ask someone to move so I can have their seat. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:35 pm

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=5ba3e33e-dea0-4ddd-8353-382ef9b1fda5

Pretty gross. Read the article at your own discretion (Just gruesome details).
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:54 pm

The guy deserves the death penalty if anybody ever did.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Man accused of beheading bus passenger says 'please kill me' in Manitoba court
Tamara King, THE CANADIAN PRESS

PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, Man. - The first public words Vince Weiguang Li uttered since being charged in a gruesome beheading that has made headlines around the world were a quiet, almost inaudible, plea to be killed.

Li, who is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 22-year-old Tim McLean aboard a Greyhound bus last Wednesday, made the despondent request at a court hearing Tuesday in which he was order by a judge to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

Li stared at the floor through much of his brief court appearance.

The 40-year-old responded to questions from Judge Michel Chartier by either nodding or shaking his head.

When Chartier asked him if he wanted to speak to a lawyer, Li shook his head no and then quietly said "please kill me." Li's remark was heard by reporters and confirmed by court clerks but was not acknowledged by the judge.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.mytelus.com/ncp_news/article ... ID=2968742

also:

Monday, August 4, 2008
Accused killer on Manitoba bus described as quiet, hard-working
Steve Lambert, THE CANADIAN PRESS

WINNIPEG - Long before he was accused of the gruesome beheading of a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba, Vince Weiguang Li was a quiet and hard-working custodian at Grant Memorial Church.

Pastor Tom Castor, who helped hire Li soon after he immigrated from China in 2004, said the man never showed any sign of anger or emotional problems.

"He seemed like a person who was happy to have a job, was committed to doing it well and didn't stand out in any way (in terms of) having anger issues or having any other issues," Castor said Sunday in his office.

Castor's comments are the latest details to emerge about Li, a man accused of committing a crime that has horrified people around the world.

Li had come to Canada with his wife, Anna, to seek a new life. Like other churches, Grant Memorial offers new immigrants what it can to help them start - including menial jobs.

Church officials vetted Li by talking to people listed on his application as personal references. They also checked for a criminal record. There were no signs of trouble.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.mytelus.com/ncp_news/article ... ID=2967811

and...

Greyhound Bus Killer Vince Li is a " Paranoid Schizophrenic"
by Christina 123 | August 3, 2008 at 05:30 pm | 6358 views | 44 comments

It has been revealed today that Greyhound Bus Killer Vince Li, "is a Paranoid Schizophrenic", say his friends. Vince Li, 40, arrived in Canada from China four years ago and is notorious for the infamous Greyhound bus beheading in Manitoba of 22 year old Tim McLean. .

They say Li was clearly battling mental illness, but refused repeated offers to see a doctor and get help.

"I think, in their culture, (the issue of mental illness) is kind of frowned upon," the woman said. She works in the mental health field and said it was obvious Li was struggling.

"He was definitely schizophrenic, probably paranoid schizophrenic," she said. "He needed help but he just wouldn't get it."

There was the constant paranoia, a feeling that he was always being watched and that others might be out to get him.

There were his bizarre, rambling stories that seemed to come out of nowhere.

And there were the unannounced bus trips that would catch his wife by surprise -- such as the time he hopped on a Greyhound headed to The Pas, later explaining that he wanted to look at some land he was thinking about buying.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.nowpublic.com/world/greyhoun ... izophrenic
Last edited by stomperrob on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moonhead » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:17 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:The guy deserves the death penalty if anybody ever did.

i think he should be studied.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:05 pm

moonhead wrote:i think he should be studied.

I think the guy is clearly impaired. I see why you would say he should be studied, but with the hugely complex nature of the brain I don't know if we're equipped to learn much from this broken mechanism.

As heinous as his crime is, I think he may deserve more pity than anger. :-{
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:53 pm

knapplc wrote:
As heinous as his crime is, I think he may deserve more pity than anger. :-{

That may be, but with the lack of a death penalty in Canada and the likelihood of an insanity plea the overall public reaction has been extreme anger. Hopefully someone doesn't decide to take the law into their own hands...

I saw one of these ads in Toronto but was reminded of it when I saw it on another forum.

Pretty sure Grey Hound has already taken them down. :-b
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to General Talk