Following the Lions garbage. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Following the Lions garbage.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Following the Lions garbage.

Postby LT Blue Colt » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:13 pm

Just like to follow some of the Lions garbage around and see if it's every someone else's treasure. Guess not. The Tennessee Titans released M.Williams after giving him a big heads up to shape up last Thanksgiving.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Any of you other Lions guys know where C.Rogers is these days?
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Following the Lions garbage.

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:14 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:Just like to follow some of the Lions garbage around and see if it's every someone else's treasure. Guess not. The Tennessee Titans released M.Williams after giving him a big heads up to shape up last Thanksgiving.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Any of you other Lions guys know where C.Rogers is these days?

I believe Rogers was trying out for the CFL then got injured and then got a try out with an NFL team. Not sure what happened after that.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:05 am

Last season, I recall Rogers trying to join the Kansas City Chiefs only to get laughed out of the campsite when he ran a near five second time in the 40-yard dash. These days, who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if he was considering the CFL, but even there he'd be hard pressed to make a roster considering the weak 40 time he posted last year in KC.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:39 am

He was close to signing a deal with Montreal in May. Then he didn't and his High School coach said it was because he had some workouts set up with some NFL teams. Minnesota being the main one. Minnesota denied having any interest and haven't been able to find any info since. Wonder why he didn't come back to Canada when he was rejected?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Polar Bear » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 am

the Lions passed on Andre Johnson to get Charles Rogers that draft. I remember because I thought, along with every one else that Johnson was the superior receiver in the draft. Oh well...that is why the Lions are the Lions and Matt Millen is one of the worst GMs in the game. Imagine a receiving core with Andre Johnson, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. It would be the late 80s Redskins all over again.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Motown Blues » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:07 am

Imagine a receiving core with Andre Johnson, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. It would be the late 80s Redskins all over again.

A nice thought, but do you really think they would have drafted so many WR's had Andre Johnson panned out? I wish they would have drafted A. Johnson so that they could have avoided the run and shored up talent at other postiions.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 am

Polar Bear wrote:the Lions passed on Andre Johnson to get Charles Rogers that draft. I remember because I thought, along with every one else that Johnson was the superior receiver in the draft. Oh well...that is why the Lions are the Lions and Matt Millen is one of the worst GMs in the game. Imagine a receiving core with Andre Johnson, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. It would be the late 80s Redskins all over again.

i seem to recall quite a few people liking Rogers...it was kind of a tossup IMO (at the time) but i'm sure Charles being a local kid had a lot to do with it...he had some talent, unfortunately he busted up his glass collarbone
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:17 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:the Lions passed on Andre Johnson to get Charles Rogers that draft. I remember because I thought, along with every one else that Johnson was the superior receiver in the draft. Oh well...that is why the Lions are the Lions and Matt Millen is one of the worst GMs in the game. Imagine a receiving core with Andre Johnson, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. It would be the late 80s Redskins all over again.

i seem to recall quite a few people liking Rogers...it was kind of a tossup IMO (at the time) but i'm sure Charles being a local kid had a lot to do with it...he had some talent, unfortunately he busted up his glass collarbone

CRog being a local kid had everything to do with why the Lions picked him over AJ. I remember being upset that they passed on AJ, thinking classic Lions to make a choice based on hometown appeal over talent. Little did I know then of the draft day bungling that was to hopfully peak at the Mike Williams pick.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk