Brady looking shaky in camp - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

Brady looking shaky in camp

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady looking shaky in camp

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:17 am

BEREA Through seven days of training camp, Brady Quinn has been erratic.

Big training camp crowds have seen it, and after this morning's practice, Cleveland Browns Head Coach Romeo Crennel admitted it.

"He hasn't been as smooth as I think he wants to be," Crennel said.

Quinn might be finding himself, as evidenced by a sharp strike on a slant to Joshua Cribbs that closed Tuesday's practice with a touchdown.

In this morning's session, though, Quinn was choppy again, throwing an interception in 11-on-11s.

Quinn has been working with the No. 2 offense. How pleased is Crennel with his No. 1 QB, Derek Anderson?

"I'm pleased so far, but he's got things he needs to do to improve also," Crennel said. "He's not as smooth as he needs to be."

Anderson has been more accurate than Quinn and has been asserting himself as a leader in ways he never did last year.

Crennel, though, doesn't seem at all worried about Quinn.

"I think he's having fun," Crennel said. "He's enjoying it. Sometimes he tries to make plays down the field that in a different situation you might make a different choice. Some of those plays ... last year, he wouldn't attempt. He would just take what the defense gave him.

"But I think he has a better command of the offense, and he's trying to anticipate when he can make the play down the field.

"He works hard. Things will smooth out for him. He will be less erratic, so to speak."

Coaches probably adjust their perception of Quinn because he is throwing mostly to backups, including roster longshots Efrem Hill and Brad Cieslak. Crennel won't admit to that.

"When you're out there," Crennel said, "you're throwing to whoever you're throwing to, and you've gotta make the play.

"Whether you're throwing to twos or ones doesn't make any difference."

Quinn has been in with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. here and there.

"If it works out that he gets more time with the ones, it just happens," Crennel said. "He might have gotten a few more reps (with the ones today)."

DA's job is safe IMO. God forbid anything happens to him.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cleveland Browns