Ahman Green and Houston running game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green and Houston running game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ahman Green and Houston running game

Postby SirPimpin08 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:58 pm

CeeLoGreen wrote:
SirPimpin08 wrote:
SirPimpin08 wrote:I liek the way NO ONE mentioned Chris Taylor lol....

Darius Walker will get cut, Slayton is a 3rd down back PERIOD, Bell is a HUGE questio mark but I don ot see him doing anything other than being a training camp body

that leaves the CLEAR starter and backup Ahman and Brown.... after they die of ACL tears or whatever.... that leaves Chris Taylor by default.........

;-D just wanna go on record with this lol (posted 3 weeks ago)

You wanted your world class spelling to go on record?

Oh, you meant the Chris Taylor call....my fault. Seriously though, I think letting someone else reach too early for the four backs that might get work. I drafted Slaton in the last round of one of my money leagues on a flier. He seems like the only healthy one (for now) on the roster.

Mod Edit: Watch your mouth.
SirPimpin08
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:19 pm

SirPimpin08 wrote:
Mod Edit.

What the hell is the point of this? He busts you're chops because you don't have the ability to TYPE and/or SPELLCHECK and you take it seriously enough to post an ignorant message like this?

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

Side note - I'd take a deep flier on Slaton...I don't trust Brown or Green enough...better value with Slaton.
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SirPimpin08 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:24 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:
SirPimpin08 wrote:
Now your on record as being a mod edit grammar police... :-t Good call on Slaton though, he probably got turf toe tip toeing through your house in the dark while yall mod edit held hands and snuck into your bedroom so your parents wouldnt wake up

What the hell is the point of this? He busts you're chops because you don't have the ability to TYPE and/or SPELLCHECK and you take it seriously enough to post an ignorant message like this?

Side note - I'd take a deep flier on Slaton...I don't trust Brown or Green enough...better value with Slaton.

I dont have the ability to spell because I write a quick response on a forum with typos? I didnt know this was the spelling olympics here, but if you just had to stick up for your buddy then congrats... I guess we should all just hold hands on this forum and play nice and spell everything correctly...
SirPimpin08
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:41 pm

SirPimpin08 wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:
SirPimpin08 wrote:
Now your on record as being a faggot ass grammar police... :-t Good call on Slaton though, he probably got turf toe tip toeing through your house in the dark while yall queers held hands and snuck into your bedroom so your parents wouldnt wake up

I dont have the ability to spell because I write a quick response on a forum with typos? I didnt know this was the spelling olympics here, but if you just had to stick up for your buddy then congrats... I guess we should all just hold hands on this forum and play nice and spell everything correctly...

I'm indifferent if you can spell or not...we've all been there with typos. And I have no idea who it was that you blasted...I'm just shocked that you'd write something like that. You can piss and moan about whatever you want, that's part of the fun of the league is to have banter about different players, teams, etc, but leave the kind of post that you did earlier out of the cafe...posts like that have no business here.

Anyway, sorry to the rest of the cafe for hijacking the thread, I just had to say something when posts like his were made. I'm done with this.
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:51 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:
SirPimpin08 wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:

I'm indifferent if you can spell or not...we've all been there with typos. And I have no idea who it was that you blasted...I'm just shocked that you'd write something like that. You can piss and moan about whatever you want, that's part of the fun of the league is to have banter about different players, teams, etc, but leave the kind of post that you did earlier out of the cafe...posts like that have no business here.

Anyway, sorry to the rest of the cafe for hijacking the thread, I just had to say something when posts like his were made. I'm done with this.

It's been handled. Let's get this back on-topic please. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby BigBadBrawler » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm

Can't wait for the Team Cuts to come, this way we can see if Green and/or Brown get the axe. Hopefully that will help clear things up a bit...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby TommyZND » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:43 pm

Houston we have a problem: my opinion on the situation

-Marcell Shipp couldn't take the job from the 68 year old emmit smith in ARZ, i don't see him getting a chance here

-If Ahman Green and Chris Brown could stay healthy then that would be a miracle, but i can personally guarantee there won't be a game this year where they are both ok

-I'd look for Steve Slaton to get more time then Darius Walker. They have a similar style, but slaton is better at it.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 pm

TommyZND wrote:Houston we have a problem: my opinion on the situation
-I'd look for Steve Slaton to get more time then Darius Walker. They have a similar style, but slaton is better at it.

I'm pretty sure Walker is the FB. Plus you forgot Taylor
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DemonDeacon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:32 pm

As much as i once did love having Ahman Green on my team hes not the answer anymore. Part of my favorite college team ever for all you guys who remember Tommy Frazier and the Nebraska Cornhuskers in the mid 90's. Ahman Green was the RB in those days with Frazier. Good ole times. But when some of my earliest sports memories are of a guy whose still playin in the NFL. you know hes done for...

Browns the kinda guy who will mysteriously pull a hammy and crack a rib while playing wii bowling and the coaches are thinking about having Taylor playing RB/FB. The door isnt necissarily (sp?) open for Slaton but there is a chance for him to get that starting spot and i think hes definantly worth a late RD flier. Hes got the biggest upside of any back in Houston and proved it by running very well against the Cowboys first unit D
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Postby dmacblue » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:02 am

Green restructures deal to stay. looks like he's not geting cut

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLi ... &hl=121047

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk