Marisa - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Marisa

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Marisa

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:23 am

OK so there are three different versions of this one. The first one is "plain" I guess, I actually like it the most. The second 2 are very similar, the last one is a little more washed out. Thoughts? :-?

Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Marisa

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:33 am

well ive never really been into making the whole washed out sig thing...so i like the render in the first one the best because it looks clean. i like the background in the other 2 best though. the first one is a bit too drab for my taste. the only other thing i would change is the color scheme...or lack of. youve got greys, browns and purples mixed in. the third one is close to working color wise because the border looks more purple, but honestly with her hair color and cowboy hat...this sig really screams browns and earth tones to me. i guess im more of a technical sig artist than a talented sig artist...so i usually put cleanliness, balance(layout) and color schemes as my top priorities and let everything else kind of flow from there.

nice sig though dude, you have learned a lot quickly... also loving all these chicks sigs on display. maybe ill knock one out and join you ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:51 am

Yeah I don't like when the renders are washed out for the sake of more background, color, or effect detail. Seems like the whole point of the sig is missed when thats done. Whats the purpose of the sig, the render subject? Or the background and the neato effects applied? Of course I'm still really new to this but I think a balance has to be found in between, but the focus should always be on the render. I want to know who is in the sig without having to read the text. ;-D

I know my main focus is always on the render...maybe a little too much, and the text style too. That might be holding me up a little, I dunno. :-?

Funny thing is I know what I like but I don't at all know how to get there.... :-b

Oh and I love making and wearing sigs with the pretty ladies in them. I mean really...buff sweaty dudes? Or beautiful hot women? Yeah. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:03 am

youve got most of the basics down now it seems. so now its just a matter of finding the style you like, your own style per say. whats funny is i could probably tell you the artists of most of the sigs around here just by looking at them due to their style, and i kind of already see a style developing in you dude. ;-D

just keep at it and try different things. take peoples hints and help, but in the end its all up to your taste and what you feel looks good. this stuff is all subjective. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Contests and Showing Off