Burleson's role in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Burleson's role in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Burleson's role in 2008?

Postby Go Skins! » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:38 am

I'm in a league in which return yards are scored the same as offensive yards, making Burleson very valuable based off of last year's stats. I read from Rotoworld that he may be penciled in as the team's starting split end and that it may cost him his punt return duties. Anyone out there who might have the inside knowledge on that please let me know. Loosing his return job would obviously downgrade his potential for this season.
Go Skins!
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Burleson's role in 2008?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:14 pm

The latest I heard is what you already know

Rotoworld - Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren indicated that Nate Burleson is locked in as the team's starting split end. "The pressure is on that third guy," Holmgren said. "Or the fourth. Bobby (Engram) and Nate will play - I expect them to do what they do." Burleson struggled with the offense his first two years in Seattle, but the team is hoping for a step forward. A starting job may cost him his punt return job, though.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Burleson's role in 2008?

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:42 pm

If Branch sits out any regular season games Burleson will start along side Engram. When Branch returns either Burleson or Engram will move to #3 WR. The Seahawks drafted Josh Wilson to return kicks so it is very possible that some or all of Burleson's return duties fall Wilson while Burleson starts.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk