SwampDonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: P. Willis & A. Peterson

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Both are very cool...I think I like the Willis one more but I don't like how his name is divided up...or it seems like the wording "The Natural" is out of place. I read it Patrick The Natural.........Willis. Does that make sense? Also I'm not a big fan of double images of the same render, just my personal taste. In this case its seems the double should be larger though...I dunno.

The ADP one is too blurry on the right with not a lot going on, it kind of distracts from the rest of it. Also the white brushing over him seems a little excessive, his arm nearly blends with the ball.

Overall I like them both and would use either as wallpaper, awesome work man. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:58 pm

the patrick willis one is pretty tight. the only thing that throws me a off a bit is how the second image behind him is so strong. its draws a lot of attention. great color and background on that one.

the ADP one is a tad boring. its mostly just the gray color. if you took that same wallpaper and changed the whole background picture to a purple hue and made ADP his actual colors...i think it would be bangin.the swoosh around his body was nicely done. the only other thing is the font....just not feeling it too much (not that im great at that part :-b ).

you also misspelled vikings :-B .

nice job on these though. those things i mentioned are pretty minor. ;-D ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:30 pm

The AP one is pretty good. I agree about the white brushing. If you're going to do that, you want it to be dramatic and look like lighting. In yours it looks more like its just washed out. The purple line is along the right tracks, but you should keep on playing with that effect. It's on the right track and it'll start fitting better the more you work with it.

The Willis one is really good. The only thing is I would move the text all to one side, put it all in white at differing opacities, and use a san serif font for the Patrick Willis. I do like the pixel font for the natural part though. Overall good job on that one. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwampDonkey » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Alright guys changed them up a bit with your suggestions, and yea deluxe i saw right after i posted that i spelled it wrong o well :-D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122 ... ler/AP.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122 ... s-copy.jpg
SwampDonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Really like the changes on the Willis one. As for the AP one, I think next time you do the line thing, try stroking the path with a soft round brush instead of a hard brush. I think that will make it stick out a little bit less.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:53 pm

Yup that Willis one is solid now, it's funny how a couple small changes can make all the difference. Very nice man. ;-D

The ADP one still seems not quite right, much better without the "whitewash" but still not there yet. Personally I don't like the purple streak at all, if it were me I'd omit it but thats just me. I'd like to see the render blend a little more into the background...or maybe some sort of other layer over the top to tone the render down a little. Find a middle ground between the first one you did and this one. I like the purple wash over the city too. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to Contests and Showing Off