Damsel in Distress! Girl needs Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Damsel in Distress! Girl needs Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Damsel in Distress! Girl needs Help

Postby Dimples1 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:10 pm

First time doing an auction draft, any tips or tricks?

what players should I go after?

Thank you,

Jenny.
Last edited by Dimples1 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dimples1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need help with a Auction Draft.

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:39 am

Jenny - be a little more specific and name your topic, "Damsel in Distress! Girl needs Help!" I guarentee you will have over 100 views before the end of the day! :)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Damsel in Distress! Girl needs Help

Postby Dimples1 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:20 pm

hehe, thanks joe. i'll give it a try.

i did a regular draft once, but you have to pay for players on this one, and we have only 200 dollars to work with. Should I go after LT, in a regular draft i know you should always pick him first, but I think alot of people will want him, and I might have to pay to much. Any stratagy you would use for this type of draft?
Dimples1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:14 pm

It really depends on how many players you draft and how many start for you. It also depends on if you get points for each reception. BUT...to be competitive, you can't go wrong with LT. If you are looking for value for your money, see how much Brady costs vs. LT. Then look at RBs like Barber, Lynch, Portis, etc. In a PPR, I might look at a guy like Houshmanzadeh over LT if he is significantly cheaper. Hope this helps!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby spodog » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Uh, Jenny, is that you? O:-)
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GameOver » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:01 pm

I would say don't over pay for players, players like LT and Adrian Peterson are probably going to go for insane amounts.. I would say just go in here and find some sleepers and try and get a good overall team instead of one or two great players then have no money for the rest of your team.. Yeah a little more info about your league would help aswell..
GameOver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:28 pm

Dimples1 wrote:First time doing an auction draft, any tips or tricks?

what players should I go after?

Thank you,

Jenny.

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

We just finished a mock auction that used a $200 salary cap. All drafts are different, but that should give you a good place to start. Here's the link to the forum (in draft rooms):

viewforum.php?f=324

There's 2 main strategies that I know of. 1 is to spend a lot of $$ on a few key players that you really like...then just hope that you can get enough depth for when injuries occur. 2nd is to not overpay for the top players, but get all very good/good players. This team will be deep, but probably won't lead the league in scoring every week. I like trying to run up the price on players, but that's risky because you can end up winning someone you really didn't want.

Here's a link to cbssportline's auction value rankings. It's based on a $100 cap so just double the values.

http://fantasynews.sportsline.com/fanta ... l/rankings

I hope that helps a little. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Beginner's Forum