Commish trade activity - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commish trade activity

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commish trade activity

Postby Newbee2007 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:32 pm

We have one guy in our league who seems to make at least one monumentally bad trade every season. It is a keeper league where we can keep three
players at any position. This year he traded away his 2.1 pick in this seasons draft and swapped 1st round picks, his 1.1 for the other guys 1.10, for Peyton Manning. I would chalk it up to another example of extreme ignorance but this year it was the Commissioner who took advantage of the guy.

My question, is all fair in love and war or should a league's Commissioner hold himself up to a little higher standard and not take advantage of the intellectually impaired owner in his league?

Your thoughts please?
Newbee2007 Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Commish trade activity

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:44 am

Many leagues must have the other owners approve a trade by a majority vote or some other similar technique.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:44 am

Newbee2007 wrote:We have one guy in our league who seems to make at least one monumentally bad trade every season. It is a keeper league where we can keep three
players at any position. This year he traded away his 2.1 pick in this seasons draft and swapped 1st round picks, his 1.1 for the other guys 1.10, for Peyton Manning. I would chalk it up to another example of extreme ignorance but this year it was the Commissioner who took advantage of the guy.

My question, is all fair in love and war or should a league's Commissioner hold himself up to a little higher standard and not take advantage of the intellectually impaired owner in his league?

Your thoughts please?

Not for nothing, but I think in a 3 player keeper Manning is probably worth the 1.1 pick.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Newbee2007 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:16 am

Thanks guys, just looking for a sanity check :)
Newbee2007 Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:54 am

Newbee2007 wrote:Thanks guys, just looking for a sanity check :)

I know where you are coming from. My one commish seems to always make lopsided deals, so even when a straight one comes through I need to do serious research to make sure hes not exploiting something.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:56 am

We love intellectually impaired owners in our league. We usually try to get one new one each year.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner