Draft Software - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Draft Software

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Software

Postby bjmel1 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:36 am

We are going to do a first live offline draft this year, I was wondering if anyone has a free draft program or another process to go about it?
I'm thinking either no computers and a massive draft board or using microsoft excel and a projector with stopwatches??? What is the best way to go about it from other peoples experiences and I am not opposed to paying for a program but I would prefer not to.
bjmel1
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Software

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:47 am

bjmel1 wrote:We are going to do a first live offline draft this year, I was wondering if anyone has a free draft program or another process to go about it?
I'm thinking either no computers and a massive draft board or using microsoft excel and a projector with stopwatches??? What is the best way to go about it from other peoples experiences and I am not opposed to paying for a program but I would prefer not to.

We use on of those big ass draft boards. Its nice to have the visual, and as people get drunker having to search for your players sticker and putting it up is fun for everyone else.

We don't do stopwatches. The crowd tends to serve as a nice "timer" to keep everyone moving, and the occasional delays are actually a benefit, as it gives everyone a chance to catch up.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Software

Postby Spartan03 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:43 am

Something that seems like it could be an idea if you have a projector (or big screen TV you can hook to your computer) is the software from BTFSports.com. They specialize in auction stuff, but you can download their software and set it to serpentine draft as well. You would have to pay them roughly $15 bucks for their player list if you didn't want to manually input every player though. Probably still as cheap or cheaper than a draft board set (never used one). I have only used it as an auction tool seriously, but I have toyed with the serpentine style. Seems to be okay, and even allows remote users into the draft for chat. You would have to "pick" the players for the teams though, just as you would have to put team names on the draft board if you did it that way. If you're interested, the link for that is http://www.btfsports.com/btfsports/downloads.htn. It's the first one on the list. If you have any people connecting remotely, they would have to have the remote version and you may have to forward a port in your router though.
Spartan03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner