Where could Rodgers go........ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where could Rodgers go........

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where could Rodgers go........

Postby RudyBlue » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:51 pm

If Farve wins back the starting gig, which he most likely will, I do believe they'll have to trade Rodgers. So where could he wind up going? I think pretty much the same places they were considering for Farve.........Tampa Bay and Jets. Perhaps Seattle? I read a blurb today that says Holgrem is checking out Charlie Frye extensively in training camp to see if he would actually be a good backup for Hasselbeck so they could turn the current #2 QB, forgot his name, into a WR. That's an interesting thought. But whatever the case, there are a number of teams that could use a good backup QB if not an actual starter, including the Vikings! And the Bears. THAT would be really, really interesting, especially the Vikings.

RudyBlue

P.S. Just 10 minutes and there is an actual NFL game on. Pre-season, I know, but NFL all the same and hopefully we'll get a clue about a few players even though the starters mostly won't be playing. Whew, this is exciting!
RudyBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Where could Rodgers go........

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:11 pm

That Seattle QB you are thinking of is Seneca Wallace.

It would be interesting if to see what the Packers would get in return for Rodgers...Atlanta swapped 1st rounders and received 2 additional 2nd rounders from Houston when they traded Schaub and Schaub at that point had only started a few games, so I would guess the Packers would at least demand a 2nd round pick. The Jets, Bucs, Bears and Vikings all sound like possible destinations to me since none of them seem to have a great QB for the future. I don't think the Jets like Clemens too much, and Tarvaris Jackson has to be on his final trial this year, so I could see the Jets and Vikings being the most willing to give up picks for Rodgers.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Why not Tampa Bay? Gruden loves QB's, any QB will do :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:12 pm

RudyBlue wrote:If Farve wins back the starting gig, which he most likely will, I do believe they'll have to trade Rodgers. So where could he wind up going? I think pretty much the same places they were considering for Farve.........Tampa Bay and Jets. Perhaps Seattle? I read a blurb today that says Holgrem is checking out Charlie Frye extensively in training camp to see if he would actually be a good backup for Hasselbeck so they could turn the current #2 QB, forgot his name, into a WR. That's an interesting thought. But whatever the case, there are a number of teams that could use a good backup QB if not an actual starter, including the Vikings! And the Bears. THAT would be really, really interesting, especially the Vikings.

RudyBlue

P.S. Just 10 minutes and there is an actual NFL game on. Pre-season, I know, but NFL all the same and hopefully we'll get a clue about a few players even though the starters mostly won't be playing. Whew, this is exciting!

FAVRE, not Farve - jeez, it's only been 17 seasons!
;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:42 pm

I think one option they are considering is to sign Rodgers to a long term deal as if he was the starter. Apparently Rodgers is open to this idea.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:52 pm

First of all, I'm not so sure after all that has happened that Favre will actually suit up for GB. Second if he does, why does it mean Rodgers will be traded? But, to answer the question(with a question), wouldn't the same teams with QB problems/issues still have QB problems/issues and be in need of a QB?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:05 pm

dream_017 wrote:First of all, I'm not so sure after all that has happened that Favre will actually suit up for GB. Second if he does, why does it mean Rodgers will be traded? But, to answer the question(with a question), wouldn't the same teams with QB problems/issues still have QB problems/issues and be in need of a QB?

I think the only real difference would be that the teams that made a real push to go after Favre were teams that were a QB away from contention. They had a legit shot to win in the next year or two. Since Rodgers is much younger, you might be able to get rebuilding teams and teams who are high on Rodgers' long-term upside into the bidding fray as well...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby RudyBlue » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:42 pm

LOL, sorry, Stomper. I keep spelling Favre like I think I'm hearing it pronounced, with the R coming first. Am I hearing it wrong? Because i am hearing impaired, I know the meanings of a lot of words but cannot for the life of me pronounce them or spell them correctly because I don't hear them properly. I guess Brett's last name is one I'll really have to concentrate on spelling correctly.

RudyBlue
RudyBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dmacblue » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:58 pm

I still think its a Packers bluff.

Rodgers is their guy, and will start week 1 and Favre will be removed from the equation in my opinion.

I mean, HOW could they line Favre up to play having stated for weeks that they have moved on. Evidently they are taking him back as a last resort, so thats not a good working enviroment.

I just don't buy it, I think it's just the next step in the bluff/counter bluff saga.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:07 pm

RudyBlue wrote:LOL, sorry, Stomper. I keep spelling Favre like I think I'm hearing it pronounced, with the R coming first. Am I hearing it wrong? Because i am hearing impaired, I know the meanings of a lot of words but cannot for the life of me pronounce them or spell them correctly because I don't hear them properly. I guess Brett's last name is one I'll really have to concentrate on spelling correctly.

RudyBlue

No biggie - just a pet peeve of mine lol! For some strange reason it is pronounced "Farve" even even though it's spelled Favre - go figure! I just find it funny sometimes that so many people still don't know it's Favre after 17 seasons of seeing the back of his jersey on TV plus seeing his name in the news several thousand times over that time frame. Just humor me and I'll go away!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Next

Return to Football Talk