What do you hope to see from X-game 1? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

What do you hope to see from X-game 1?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do you hope to see from X-game 1?

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Thursday our gridiron heroes will suit up vs. the G-men. What do you hope to see?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What do you hope to see from X-game 1?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:44 am

no major injuries...other than that i'm not putting much stock into it.

will it even be televised?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:45 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:no major injuries...other than that i'm not putting much stock into it.

Probably tape delayed.

I too want to see our starters come out of this injury free. I want to see the run/pass ratio. I know you can't put too much stock inot pre-season games but I always look for how the line is playing....seeing as I think that has always been our biggest issue.

I'm torn on if I am going to go to the game. I want to just to see things, but I also don't want to waste my time :^
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:24 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:no major injuries...other than that i'm not putting much stock into it.

Probably tape delayed.

I too want to see our starters come out of this injury free. I want to see the run/pass ratio. I know you can't put too much stock inot pre-season games but I always look for how the line is playing....seeing as I think that has always been our biggest issue.

I'm torn on if I am going to go to the game. I want to just to see things, but I also don't want to waste my time :^

but if you go you can get a BBQ Pork sammich topped with cole-slaw and jalepenos...that's usually how i convince myself to go to a Lions game
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

Probably tape delayed.

but if you go you can get a BBQ Pork sammich topped with cole-slaw and jalepenos...that's usually how i convince myself to go to a Lions game

So you don't believe in now, but you believe in feed me now :-D

I hope to see Smith show me that he has something special. Need to see him make people miss or miss people. (and I don't just mean blitzers :-b )
I want to see Gosdar blocking with athority.
I want to see Franchise get open deep and often.
I want to see Avril and DUIzon in action.
Lastly, I would like to see our D stop a team on the first drive. Just act like you were prepared and equiped to stop a team. Last X season it seemed like the endzone was the only thing that stopped opponants. I dread the idea of Eli going 4-4, 80 and a TD. Jacobs 3 carries for 28 yds...well you get my point.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 am

OK,there is a 99% chance that I am going to go. Don't have too much going on tonight so I figured since I missed training camp, I'd like to see first hand some of the things I would be looking for. Line play, this is very tough to judge watching on TV, also how the WRs and CBs do with and against coverage, again very tought to catch on TV. I hope to bring you guys a little insight to the things you can't catch watching the broadcast on tape delay ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:37 am

dream_017 wrote:OK,there is a 99% chance that I am going to go. Don't have too much going on tonight so I figured since I missed training camp, I'd like to see first hand some of the things I would be looking for. Line play, this is very tough to judge watching on TV, also how the WRs and CBs do with and against coverage, again very tought to catch on TV. I hope to bring you guys a little insight to the things you can't catch watching the broadcast on tape delay ;-D

dont forget to tell us how the BBQ Pork is
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:13 pm

You guys will have to go.

Remember, there are some of us who don't get the chance, no matter how poor the play is. :~(
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Calyxes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:29 pm

This sucks, CBS has the game listed on the TV, but are showing DR. Phil :-t
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Calyxes wrote:This sucks, CBS has the game listed on the TV, but are showing DR. Phil :-t

That's bad. :-o :~( You know I was just wondering if there are any hopes this season. I mean so many of the past seasons have been new coaches and 1st round draft picks carrying our team, but what's been really major this year. A few normal things have changed. But that's just it, just normal. Not huge! So, what are we to hope for when nothing big happens. Maybe all the better I guess. No big anticipation of something great and new. Anyway, I can't see any stellar things coming out of this year, but I'll praise the wins, and "Boo" the hell out of the loses. Hope for a Packers vs. Jets Super Bowl played at Lambeau Field, with the entire Secret Service covering "# - who the hell cares". HopIng the Jackal is there. All while having some nice cold Sunday beers. ;-D
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Detroit Lions