I'm a fan of their tires ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Akron, Ohio

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:33 pm

Kinda blew my mind to actually see this thread. My wife and I currently live in Akron.

We love it here. Great for Families, close enough to Cleveland to enjoy what the city has to offer, lots of employment locations you can utilize (akron, cleveland, youngstown, and more).

Not quite sure where to start, but there is plenty of cool stuff to do around here. The aforementioned Football Hall of Fame, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Blues and Brews is coming to Stan Hewitt Hall right by my house this weekend, looking forward to that. Great Lakes Brewery in Cleveland is great to visit, and trust me, they have some of the best beer around. You are in for a treat there.

We'll have to get together for a beer sometime. PM me. Both for the Beer, and we should figure out where we live in relation to each other. ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Polar Bear » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:48 pm

I live in Marblehead, OH which is close to Cedar Point and about 60 minutes from Akron.

Glad to see someone actually moving to the Cleveland area since everyone I know has been moving out. I think Cleveland and Akron are two of the fastest shrinking cities in the U.S.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:13 pm

Well we are finally settled into Akron. Had a bit of a mishap with the first apartment, not in the neighborhood we expected, but things are settling down now.

The only problem is I cannot find a friggin' job!!! I know I have only been here a week but I have filled out so many applications now and been calling people left and right ... I hate job searching, especially when I am getting desperate. Any suggestions?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Pats4four » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Isn't Akron where they hold the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club? The tournament's a good one as players warm up before the USPGA so if you're a golf fan, there's something for ya. ;-D
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Welcome to Ohio man ;-D

we have some of the craziest weather, hot summers, cold winters, crazy crap all the time.

North doesn't have much to offer IMO, I do like Drew Carey though ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby mikus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:43 pm

Do I really have to get new tires during the winter? Or can I get chains? Also, what else do I need to do for my car?

/Louisiana boy
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:09 pm

mikus wrote:Do I really have to get new tires during the winter? Or can I get chains? Also, what else do I need to do for my car?

/Louisiana boy

heck no...however, i would suggest making sure your tires arent completely worn. and if you have a smaller 2wd pickup you need to add some weight to the back (usually bags of sand)

...and drive carefully, because us seasoned midwesterners will cruise by you at 60 MPH on the freeway with our 4WD SUVS and Trucks :-]
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk