Future Value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Future Value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Future Value

Postby abrunn11 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:19 pm

I am looking for guys that will have future value (2 or three years down the road). Guys that will be starters in a couple of years. In my keeper league if you want to keep you 16th round draft pick you need to give up your 14th round pick the next year. SO I am looking for guys that I can get late in the draft that will help me in a few years.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Future Value

Postby mikus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Homer picks: Pierre Thomas and Adrian Arrington.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby spodog » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 pm

WR Donnie Avery
RB Fred Jackson
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:09 pm

QB-Chad Heine (sp) Dolphins. Ex Michigan QB has a strong and accurate arm and little competition in Miami.
WR-Sweed Pittsburgh-Should be a regular starter within 2-3 years.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 pm

List:
Fred Jackson - BUF - RB Young backup to Lynch, could take the reins if Lynch struggles or gets injured

Darius Walker - HOU - RB Someone in the next couple of years will have to take over the Houston ground game and I've heard good things about him

Jamal Charles - KC - RB Drafted 3rd round this year, I like the video I've seen of the kid, Larry has a lot of yards on him and they need someone to start spelling him more, and eventually take over (ala Priest -> LJ sort of)

Brian Calhoun - DET - RB If Detroit can get their crap together he might have a chance to do something, having missed the majority of both of his first two seasons in the league due to knee injuries he might finally have a chance to do something once he garners a role, which shouldn't be too hard considering who is in front of him

Anthony Aldridge - DEN - RB what sleeper/future discussion wouldn't be complete without a Denver RB? My choice: Aldridge. You know each and every year every back in Denver has a chance for the starting Job, and Aldridge coming in as an undrafted free-agent is no exception.
From footballguys.com on Aldridge:
Quick fantasy outlook: Mike Shanahan loves what he's seen of Alridge in college, and now it's time to find out if he can make it in the pros. The Broncos have plans for Alridge not only as a runner and receiver, but also as a valuable part of their special teams unit. Anthony should make the team and start wowing coaches and fans from the word go. Even if Anthony struggles as a RB early, the Broncos could find a spot for him as a slot receiver. Quick Six and the Torain Train could end up being the Broncos RBBC of the future.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 am

aaawall91 wrote:List:
Brian Calhoun - DET - RB If Detroit can get their crap together he might have a chance to do something, having missed the majority of both of his first two seasons in the league due to knee injuries he might finally have a chance to do something once he garners a role, which shouldn't be too hard considering who is in front of him
[/quote]

Calhoun would be an absoulte shocker if he amounts to anything. He is injury prone and too slow.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BigBadBrawler » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:47 am

Just for the record, Fred Jackson is already 27 years old. He's a solid hand-cuff, but he's not someone who I think you can rely on in a couple of years when he's pushing 30...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby m16a » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 am

Anthony Gonzalez
Limas Sweed
Lorenzo Booker(homer pick)
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby mikus » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:28 am

m16a wrote:Lorenzo Booker(homer pick)

;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby m16a » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 am

mikus wrote:
m16a wrote:Lorenzo Booker(homer pick)

;-D

Although I should add, if he ends up starting for the iggles, it'll be 3-4 years probably not 2-3
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Next

Return to Football Talk