Would You Like A Chance To Kill My Dreams? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Would You Like A Chance To Kill My Dreams?

Moderator: Football Moderators

I would buy and wear a brand of fantasy sports clothing if...

The clothing had a cool logo that symbolized my passion for fantasy sports
No votes
The clothing had my fantasy team name and/or logo on it
5%
The clothing had funny or relevant fantasy sayings on it
32%
The clothing had a combination of the above characteristics
No votes
I wouldn't wear ANY type of fantasy sports clothing even if you paid me!
63%

Total votes : 19

Would You Like A Chance To Kill My Dreams?

Postby FFisLife » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:50 pm

"Houston....Do We Have A Problem?"

I can't believe I'm doing this :-o but.... in order to save my marriage and possibly my family's bank account (see below) I decided I better seek an outside opinion about a crazy idea I have. My wife says she's supportive but I cringe to think what might happen if this idea is too crazy and it doesn't work out.

The pessimist in me says to keep my idea to myself because it will never work and is too crazy. The optimist in me says that a great idea will never be great if nobody knows about it, so I decided it was worth the risk of humiliation to put my idea out there and see what happens.

Basically I need a reality check....so don't be kind, be honest. If you think my idea has merit please tell me. If you think it's stupid, please tell me (preferably with reasons why you think it's stupid). My future may depend on it....so here goes: :-*

A Little Background First:

My passion for fantasy sports (football especially) is unparalleled to anything else in my life (besides the love of my family). For a while now I have dreamed of somehow making a living from this passion. I want to leave my mark with something unique and worthwhile to the fantasy community that has given me so much joy. I had just about given up hope that I would find that something until it finally hit me one day. I had a ‘big idea’ (or at least I think it is). :-{

My Big Idea:

My idea is to create a clothing brand based around fantasy sports. I mean heck…every other hobby out there has one (and in a lot of cases more than one) that lets them express their passion for their hobby.

For Example:

Tattoo enthusiasts have Ed Hardy
Fly Fisherman have Orvis
Bass Fisherman have Bass Pro Shops
Hunters have Cabelas
Snowboarders have Burton
Skateboarders have DC
MotoX Riders have Fox
Golfers have Callaway
All Sports have Nike & Under Armour

- etc….The list goes on and on, and many times there are dozens of brands for each hobby!

My Vision:

I want to create something that the fantasy enthusiast can wear proudly to show their passion for fantasy sports! I envision a crisp logo on hats, t-shirts/sweatshirts, car decals, etc... that is very distinguishable, and when people see it they instantly know that you’re a serious fantasy enthusiast. I know I would like to ‘sport’ a brand that shows I’m a fantasy enthusiast, but maybe I’m in the minority?

I have many ideas on how to go beyond a brand and make it into a lifestyle brand but I will keep those ideas to myself as I just want to know if my idea has any wings. I realize that by putting this idea out there I may be setting myself up for the 'negative group mindset' that doesn't want to see someone succeed but I trust that you will all be completely honest and not try to kill my dreams 'for the fun of it'.

The Cold Hard Truth:

I would have to borrow money from my family to pursue this crazy dream so I would prefer to save myself the headache of doing so if my peers think it's a dumb idea and aren't excited about it.

Please help me to know whether I should kill my dream before it starts, or pursue it with confidence. Thanks ahead of time!
Last edited by FFisLife on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
QB ---- Rodgers
RB ---- SJAX, Jones-Drew
W/T -- T.O., Wayne, Fitzgerald, Marshall
K ------ Elam
Def ----Tenn

8 Team PPR League
Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 W/T, 1 K, 1 DEF
FFisLife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Would You Like A Chance To Kill My Dreams?

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:35 pm

I don't mean to poop on your parade but I would never wear anything that had anything to do with fantasy sports. Thats just me though and I'm just one person. I like fantasy football don't get me wrong but I don't really want/need to advertise it.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:43 pm

Have to agree with Met. I wouldn't wear any fantasy clothing line. I mean, I play other sports and I wear sports memorabilia. I wouldn't however wear a fantasy football shirt because I don't consider it a sport.

Instead of what you put up there, I would be more apt to lump fantasy football with online gaming, making toy cars, collecting baseball cards, etc. Last I checked those hobbies don't have their own clothing line. I just don't think it would really sell.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 pm

where did my post go! did i forget to submit???

i'm not gonna continue dumping, in short i said similar stuff. Just don't see it selling. I'm a diehard and I wouldn't buy.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:07 pm

treat24 wrote:where did my post go! did i forget to submit???

i'm not gonna continue dumping, in short i said similar stuff. Just don't see it selling. I'm a diehard and I wouldn't buy.

I'd buy a shirt that read, "I kicked Treat in the balls in TFL". The only thing, that'll never happen. :~(

Although I could just kick him in the balls. :-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:08 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Instead of what you put up there, I would be more apt to lump fantasy football with online gaming, making toy cars, collecting baseball cards, etc. Last I checked those hobbies don't have their own clothing line. I just don't think it would really sell.

Very well said. Sorry man, but I'm inclined to agree with everyone else who has posted so far; I wouldn't wear any clothing related to fantasy sports.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:51 pm

Metroid wrote:I don't mean to poop on your parade but I would never wear anything that had anything to do with fantasy sports. Thats just me though and I'm just one person. I like fantasy football don't get me wrong but I don't really want/need to advertise it.

Yeah...

Not a chance I would wear fantasy football stuff. :-/
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:16 pm

Now a Dungeons and Dragons shirt? I'd rock that. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm a little weirded out that you would preface this with something like ".... in order to save my marriage and possibly my family's bank account."

Those are two pretty heavy things to hinge on this little venture. Then to follow that up with a comment that you'd let us, essentially strangers, kill this idea........

Sounds like you have bigger fish to fry right now than to worry about this apparel idea.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:33 pm

treat24 wrote:where did my post go! did i forget to submit???

yeah I thought for sure I did too.. even suspected Met's D&D post was a followup to my post... maybe we're not seeing our own posts? I'm dazed. and confused. and with the lights out, it's less dangerous. Here I be now. Entertain us.

this isn't the first time that's happened since the server move. Not blaming it. I'll pay closer attention now though.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to General Talk