Would You Like A Chance To Kill My Dreams? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Would You Like A Chance To Kill My Dreams?

Moderator: Football Moderators

I would buy and wear a brand of fantasy sports clothing if...

The clothing had a cool logo that symbolized my passion for fantasy sports
No votes
The clothing had my fantasy team name and/or logo on it
5%
The clothing had funny or relevant fantasy sayings on it
32%
The clothing had a combination of the above characteristics
No votes
I wouldn't wear ANY type of fantasy sports clothing even if you paid me!
63%

Total votes : 19

Re: Would You Like A Chance To Kill My Dreams?

Postby Guru13 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:11 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I can't help but feel like you're ignoring the 'No' people and looking at the 'yes' and 'maybe' people just to hear what you want to hear. It doesn't matter to me, it's not my money, wait and see how your vote turns out. Personally, I think it's ridiculous that you're staking your financial solvency on a fantasty sports website poll.

I have to agree with you...but I still voted yes for the funny option.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:14 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:I don't see people being mocked for wearing a t-shirt with something like "Shanahanigans killed my fantasy season". =

the honest to god truth of the matter is that I would wear that shirt atleast twice a week. :-b ;-D

I might buy some Hanes t-shirts and scrawl that on there with a Sharpie. :-b

I've always liked that term, "Shanahanigans". I giggle at shenanigans too. Funny word. :-B
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Unless you plan on forking over some serious cash you can forget the thought of selling a t-shirt with an NFL team logo on it....or any sort of likeness of of the team name or logo. The NFL or the team would nip that in the bud with the quickness.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:56 pm

I rarely wear team apparel unless I'm going to a game so I probably wouldn't wear something relating to fantasy sports unless it was a really funny or cool design. Even still, I prefer to buy weird unique shirts from thrift stores.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Guru13 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:47 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:I don't see people being mocked for wearing a t-shirt with something like "Shanahanigans killed my fantasy season". =

the honest to god truth of the matter is that I would wear that shirt atleast twice a week. :-b ;-D

I might buy some Hanes t-shirts and scrawl that on there with a Sharpie. :-b

I've always liked that term, "Shanahanigans". I giggle at shenanigans too. Funny word. :-B

that would be BA. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:34 pm

For this to work it would have to be funny. I wouldn't wear something just to support my fantasy team.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FFisLife » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:16 am

scottaa1 wrote:I can't help but feel like you're ignoring the 'No' people and looking at the 'yes' and 'maybe' people just to hear what you want to hear. It doesn't matter to me, it's not my money, wait and see how your vote turns out. Personally, I think it's ridiculous that you're staking your financial solvency on a fantasty sports website poll.

Your opinion and I respect it, but I'm definitely not ignoring the 'No' people. I'm just trying to find out what, if anything, would turn those 'No's' into a yes. I also decided to run a poll to give those people that may not normally chime in, for fear of embarrassment or ridicule, a chance to voice their opinion, that way I get a more accurate scope.
QB ---- Rodgers
RB ---- SJAX, Jones-Drew
W/T -- T.O., Wayne, Fitzgerald, Marshall
K ------ Elam
Def ----Tenn

8 Team PPR League
Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 W/T, 1 K, 1 DEF
FFisLife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FFisLife » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:18 am

Metroid wrote:Unless you plan on forking over some serious cash you can forget the thought of selling a t-shirt with an NFL team logo on it....or any sort of likeness of of the team name or logo. The NFL or the team would nip that in the bud with the quickness.

I was actually referring to your own fantasy team name or logo, not an NFL logo or name. I changed the poll option to reflect this better.
QB ---- Rodgers
RB ---- SJAX, Jones-Drew
K ------ Elam
Def ----Tenn

8 Team PPR League
FFisLife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FFisLife » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:22 am

I'm not trying to bump this thread up... I really just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their help. I have received some great input and a reality check. I haven't given up on my dream just yet, but at the least, I see that I need to refine my vision some. Some points were made that I hadn't thought of before and I will definitely take them into account.

The fact of the matter is that what I want to do and what the market wants (if anything), may be miles apart. If I can't successfully create something close to what I had in mind then I'm not so sure it is my dream business anymore. This is something that only I can answer and it isn't clear yet. (I kinda feel like how Favre might of felt dealing with the Packers :,-( )

Anyway...thanks again for all your input!
QB ---- Rodgers
RB ---- SJAX, Jones-Drew
K ------ Elam
Def ----Tenn

8 Team PPR League
FFisLife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:03 pm

I just got to this thread, so forgive me if anyone has already pointed this out, but I think the fundamental difference between your idea and most of the brands that you pointed out as examples in your initial post is that they didn't start out by making clothing for sports enthusiasts. Nike didn't become a sensation by selling t-shirts with swooshes on them, they became a sensation by selling the best running shoes, which then allowed them to sell t-shirts wish swooshes on them. Similarly, Cabella's was selling outdoor gear before the Cabella's label became a money maker, same with Calloway, Fox, Burton, etc. I'm sure there is probably an exception out there, but for the most part, these labels don't start with clothing, they move into the clothing market when their label becomes popular among enthusiasts of the particular sport or activity due to the quality of the product. Your problem comes from the fact that there is no fantasy sports gear. There are no products that are required to participate in fantasy sports, so you have no entry into the market. Even if people were willing to wear a fantasy sports t-shirt, they most likely wouldn't wear yours because they don't know who or what the hell it is. The others are recognized names in their sports way before they ever sell clothing.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk