Anyone else in GT not actually play fantasy football? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Anyone else in GT not actually play fantasy football?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone else in GT not actually play fantasy football?

Postby sportsaddict » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:08 pm

So, I've got to admit something.

I quit fantasy football last year.

I didn't have the time for it and had to drop out of my leagues because I would have been a terrible owner. I am still active in fantasy baseball though and still come to both sides of the Cafe (baseball and football), but on the football side I just go to the General Talk forum and the College Sports forum.

I found that watching NFL games was just as enjoyable without fantasy implications. I had a lot of fun just focusing on the game and not worrying about individual players.

I enjoyed fantasy football while it lasted but I don't envision myself ever playing again. I do fantasy baseball to give myself something to do over the summer months, but during September-December I'm way more into college football and basketball, and I still watch the NFL of course.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone else in GT not actually play fantasy football?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Kilroy, quick hit the red button! :-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:30 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
I found that watching NFL games was just as enjoyable without fantasy implications. I had a lot of fun just focusing on the game and not worrying about individual players.

Sacrilege!
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:30 am

It will suck you back in, no worries. :-b

But seriously, sure, it's cool to still hang out even though you're not playing fantasy football. I don't (haven't yet) played fantasy basketball or fantasy hockey, yet I still go by those sides several times per day and partake in discussions that interest me. ;-D Nothing wrong with that at all. :-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:45 am

I have never played any fantasy sports other than fantasy football, and this year I won't even be playing it. I've had too much going on in my life and it's going to get more hectic before it gets smoother methinks. I'm interested to watch football again without fantasy implications, I was one of those guys who was constantly watching the ticker and looking for stat updates online. Actually I'm looking forward to it. :-?

Yeah I'm mostly just a GT guy, but I visit Leftovers a lot and the College and Graphics forums quite a bit. And on occasion I visit the Darkside GT. Even if you don't play fantasy sports this is still a great site to keep up to date on whats going on in the world of sports. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:53 am

You're a better (or worse) man than I. Were I to give up fantasy I could never show my face around these parts. It would just be to hard not to re-up. It's like trying to sleep in a bed with an ex-GF. Tap or no-tap? Sooner or later it's always tap.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:36 pm

yeah I'm not playing fantasy football this year either. First time in like 7 years, so It's gonna be interesting to watch football just for the fun of it. I'm just fed up with the main league I'm in- too many flaky deals and owners, outrageous stat categories, and a power hungry commish doesn't help......so much bullcrap has happened over the years, so I'm taking a break this season, and I'm sure I won't be as stressed out. The one thing I'll miss most is the draft- ahhhh I love everything about it ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Obviously I haven't tried it in years and don't plan on stopping anytime soon, but I don't think it would be just that easy for me to still watch football, just to watch football. I would be thinking, wow LT2 had a 3 TD day, I bet his owner is happy. Wow, whoever drafted XXX is having a huge day. I can't believe you can go right back into the non-fantasy football society again so easy. Good luck, but it's not for me :^
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:23 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Kilroy, quick hit the red button! :-o

Why would you trust Kilroy with the red button? Don't you remember that you could lynch him and he wouldn't care?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby eagles21 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:49 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Kilroy, quick hit the red button! :-o

Why would you trust Kilroy with the red button? Don't you remember that you could lynch him and he wouldn't care?

I miss mafia. :,-(

I don't think I could go a year without fantasy football. I'd love to get down to a smaller amount of leagues, but going without any would just be terrible.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk