Anyone else in GT not actually play fantasy football? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Anyone else in GT not actually play fantasy football?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anyone else in GT not actually play fantasy football?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:02 am

Seems to be a bit of a trend of cutting back or quitting FF altogether, which is surprising to hear, especially on a FF site. Anyone have any insight into why this may be?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:25 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Seems to be a bit of a trend of cutting back or quitting FF altogether, which is surprising to hear, especially on a FF site. Anyone have any insight into why this may be?

I can give my reasoning. I never did more than 3 leagues in a season since 1992. Last year I really became friends with a lot of people here ended up in 8 and it was not fun. Before last season, I had never been under .500 on a season. Not one losing season in 16 years of fantasy football because I could focus my year round 24/7 love of fantasy football on 1 to 3 leagues. Last year I had a losing season in several leagues because I was spread thin. Not only that, but I would have several players in one league, but in another be playing against those players. Hard to root for a player that way. That many leagues also puts a strain on having a life outside of fantasy football... at least on my end.

I have already quit all but 2 of my leagues for 2009. All except for TWSS and TFL... to be honest... I don't even know if I'll continue TWSS for that many more years despite the post a page or two back. I rushed that league out to quickly. Didn't iron out everything. It's caused many road bumps and there are many settings in that league that I absolutely hate.

I think many people find the cafe, it makes you get really involved in fantasy football... you end up overextending yourself and losing the passion for it.

I didn't lose the passion, I just want to focus it on a couple leagues instead of 8-10... I'm now in 10 this year, but they all know I'm a 1 year deal.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:03 pm

"not play fantasy football"

my brain keeps saying 'syntax error' when I try to read that ;-)

I don't do more than 3 leagues. Keeps me from overextending/burning out.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Polar Bear » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Well if it were not for fantasy football and gambling I would not have a reason to watch the NFL.

I only play in 4 actual leagues, although I commish much more. Like treat mentioned, I don't like to spread myself thin. It is not fair to myself and the others in those leagues that I forget about. A few years ago I cut back to 4 teams and do not allow myself to go over that. Keeps things more enjoyable for me.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby danleroi22 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:25 pm

eagles21 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Kilroy, quick hit the red button! :-o

Why would you trust Kilroy with the red button? Don't you remember that you could lynch him and he wouldn't care?

I miss mafia. :,-(

I don't think I could go a year without fantasy football. I'd love to get down to a smaller amount of leagues, but going without any would just be terrible.

:-b :-b Ahh Kilroy's strategy...
In honesty, I miss it too :~(

On a side note, I used to occasionally do that on the baseball side, because I quit FB a couple years ago. I may start again.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:14 pm

The most I do is 3 but this year I'm down to 1 :,-( . One league a bunch of guys lost interest and the other some escaped without paying last year when I was commish. More then 3 is too much and impossible to manage.

Im with Treat
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to General Talk