New "Code of Conduct" for fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New "Code of Conduct" for fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: New "Code of Conduct" for fans

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:59 pm

Anyone ever sit behind some jackass with an enormous sign that says some stupid crap no one cares about? Like "Hey Madden Circle Me!" or "Brett Favre For President." or "Will You Marry Me Tony Romo?" OK so I made that last one but still... :-B ...anyway that crap should be banned. So frickin annoying...even those D-Fence signs are lame. Wow you cut a big 'D' out of cardboard and brought part a a fence to a game...how original. :-[

-end rant-

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ninremix » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:06 am

From my understanding of these new rules are the that MOST teams already had them in place ... all godell is doing is setting a standard. I am sure nothing is going to change from the past years but more of a formality.
ninremix
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:57 am

Mostly I want to say this is just a legal maneuver to cover the league's butt. I do worry that with the current wind in the league that only upstanding good clean cut peoples can partake in the NFL that some teams may feel more empowered to defend the letter of the law and take a lot of the fun out of the football experience.
In Detroit their own ineptitude led to fans rebelling via signs expressing their disgust over the state of the team. So the team banned those signs. What's to stop them from kicking out fans who are booing too much and thus creating a disturbance? Or even just well times yells about certain players and or GMs? See the owner of my team openly dispises the fans and this has filtered down throughout the FO. I don't know that I want to give them any more encouragment to police fan behavior.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Old_Style » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:09 am

Not sure what the policies of other team are, but the Bears are banning tailgating during the game.

CHICAGO (CBS) ― The Bears' first preseason game kicks off Thursday night at Soldier Field, and starting this season, some tailgaters are getting booted from the parking lot under new rules for fans.

Now the new policy will get its first test.

As CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports, grilling burgers and beers held high for a toast are a common sight on the parking lots near Soldier Field during game time. But starting Thursday, that's going to change.

The Bears sent out emails to ticket holders on Wednesday stating that, in a move to enhance the fan experience, tailgating during Bears home games will be prohibited.

The Bears aren't banning tailgating altogether. It will still be permitted in the Soldier Field parking lot before games, but people without tickets must leave once the game starts. Ticketless fans may come back to the parking lot after the final whistle blows.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/bears.tail ... 89251.html
"Jay is our quarterback."
Old_Style
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby m16a » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:07 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Jeez, this could mean the Eagles will be playing in an empty stadium! ;-) ;-7 :-b

You're gonna die for that mister }:-)

I'll be thetre so it won't be quite empty :-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:45 pm

m16a wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
Jeez, this could mean the Eagles will be playing in an empty stadium! ;-) ;-7 :-b

You're gonna die for that mister }:-)

I'll be thetre so it won't be quite empty :-b

I couldn't resist taking that shot - Eagles fans get so much flak, lol! :-D

(but they better be on their best behavior when they cometo Heinz Field tomorrow night!) ;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby spodog » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Metroid wrote: . . . or "Will You Marry Me Tony Romo?" OK so I made that last one but still... :-B ...

Met - I keep getting confused. Are you a guy or a girl ? . . . . :-o
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:18 pm

spodog wrote:
Metroid wrote: . . . or "Will You Marry Me Tony Romo?" OK so I made that last one but still... :-B ...

hes a bi....i mean guy ;-D :-B
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:14 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
spodog wrote:

hes a bi....i mean guy ;-D :-B

I am a dude...not bi, just a goof. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:42 am

Old_Style wrote:Not sure what the policies of other team are, but the Bears are banning tailgating during the game.

CHICAGO (CBS) ― The Bears' first preseason game kicks off Thursday night at Soldier Field, and starting this season, some tailgaters are getting booted from the parking lot under new rules for fans.

Now the new policy will get its first test.

As CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports, grilling burgers and beers held high for a toast are a common sight on the parking lots near Soldier Field during game time. But starting Thursday, that's going to change.

The Bears sent out emails to ticket holders on Wednesday stating that, in a move to enhance the fan experience, tailgating during Bears home games will be prohibited.

The Bears aren't banning tailgating altogether. It will still be permitted in the Soldier Field parking lot before games, but people without tickets must leave once the game starts. Ticketless fans may come back to the parking lot after the final whistle blows.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/bears.tail ... 89251.html

The Bears will send a 10-person "Event Services team" to patrol the entry gates, seating areas and parking lots at Soldier Field, looking for anyone who appears inebriated, and addressing "potential problems that may hinder the fan experience," according to a Bears news release.

So basically they can boot whoever they may pose "potential problems that may hinder the fan experience". I really didn't realize that there was that big of a problem with tailgaiters. I remain resistant to these vague tactics. Suppose it's a Bear/Pack game and there is someone tailgaiting wearing Packer gear. Are we to expect that words won't be exchanged between he and Bear fans? Should then the Event Services Team kick them out? This looks to me much more likely to take away from the fan experience. A better solution would be to designate tailgate free zones in the parking lots and exits gates for those who don't want to deal with spirited fans. That way those who want to enjoy all that is the tailgate experience can without scaring customers who just want to come and go in peace.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk