Patrick Crayton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Patrick Crayton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Patrick Crayton

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Crayton is one No. 2 wide receiver Dallas Cowboys can count on
12:58 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

OXNARD, Calif. – A year ago, it happened unintentionally. This year it's taking place by design.

Patrick Crayton is the Cowboys' No. 2 wide receiver. He doesn't need another Terry Glenn injury to clear the path for him.

Glenn's not here. Crayton is. And if you think it's a gamble to pin your hopes on a seventh-round pick as the second option at wide receiver, think again.

Crayton was a very solid No. 3 in 2006, racking up 516 yards on 36 catches and four touchdowns. Given the attention focused on Terrell Owens and Glenn, that was solid production.

With Glenn missing all but the final regular season game in 2007, Crayton stepped up. He caught 50 balls for 697 yards and scored seven times in 15 games.

His yardage total would have made him the lead wide receiver on Jacksonville, San Diego, Minnesota or San Francisco.

His scoring total would have made him the touchdown reception leader on 14 teams.

And this despite the fact that Tony Romo's first two choices – Owens and tight end Jason Witten – caught 177 balls.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... daa2d.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Patrick Crayton

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:12 pm

He can be had soooooo late in drafts, it's like taking candy from a baby!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chk57 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Very exciting! I'm in a keeper league and decided to keep him in exchange of a (!!) 12th round draft pick.
chk57
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:34 pm

chk57 wrote:Very exciting! I'm in a keeper league and decided to keep him in exchange of a (!!) 12th round draft pick.

wise move grasshoppa ;-D :-B :-b :-) :-D
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:07 pm

He has been incredible value in pretty much every draft I've been in, but I don't think his value just bumped up all of a sudden when Glenn was officially cut...Crayton was the #2 all year long and played well, nobody was really expecting Glenn to play any this year, so I am expecting Crayton to continue to improve as he has done every year, somewhere in the ballpark of 1000/7...Still, expect him to be playing out of the slot alot more this year with Sam Hurd playing on the outside, and he will slowly start to make his way into the offense more so this year, much higher ceiling then Crayton long term.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby benb18a » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:53 pm

Crayton is the next WR the Cowboys can count on to drop a gimme pass in an extremely crucial time in a playoff game. Glenn came first with "the fumble" which was more like the toss into your opponent's endzone. Then Crayton had to show him up by dropping the most important, and one of the easiest catches of his life... without a single defender on the TV screen. I'll take a late round flyer on him, but he pretty much is at Ray Finkle status with me right now, until he redeems himself. And not by dropping a wide open endzone pass against the Pats :-b

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:39 pm

benb18a wrote:Crayton is the next WR the Cowboys can count on to drop a gimme pass in an extremely crucial time in a playoff game. Glenn came first with "the fumble" which was more like the toss into your opponent's endzone. Then Crayton had to show him up by dropping the most important, and one of the easiest catches of his life... without a single defender on the TV screen. I'll take a late round flyer on him, but he pretty much is at Ray Finkle status with me right now, until he redeems himself. And not by dropping a wide open endzone pass against the Pats :-b

He has been catching alot of flack from alot of Cowboy fans for that game, and lmao@the ray finkle comment :-b I'm more forgiving, he's a hard worker, everyone forgets he was a former 7th rd QB converting to WR, and he has stayed on the roster and improved every year, had he panned out like most other 7th rd picks do, our WR situation would of been hell right now, so I am grateful for all his hard work...TO also had some crucial drops here, and I still firmly believe Crayton has the best hands on the team, that was the case last year until everyone changed their minds after the Giants game, but he has continued to show that all training camp catching everything thrown his way.

But in fantasy retrospect, he will still be a solid producer, he did have a terrible playoff game, but I won't let that game make me forget how far he has came in being a 7th rd QB and filling in admirably last year.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dgan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:59 pm

I think it is too early in preseason to get excited about him. He'll move up my board in the coming weeks if the status quo remains, but as long as Jerry Jones keeps putting out hints of wanting to get another WR I am skeptical. A guy like Chris Henry could serve his 4 game suspension and come into Dallas (who has no problems taking guys with problems) and, if not supplant Crayton, certainly hurt his value.

Crayton on any other team would be a solid, hard working fan favorite - but with Jerry Jones, raw talent typically trumps work ethic. And there are guys out there to be had either in FA or trade that would really hurt Crayton's numbers. My draft is the 24th - if he is still the solid #2 at that point, I'll put my fears aside and put him up where he otherwise belongs on a draft board. Even then, I think he's a risk, but one worth taking.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:55 am

i think he'll have some nice games but also some real duds...
TO will get his
Witten is Option 2 (or 1A)
the backs will catch a fair amount of balls

i wouldnt count on him as anything more than a backup
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 am

benb18a wrote:Crayton is the next WR the Cowboys can count on to drop a gimme pass in an extremely crucial time in a playoff game. Glenn came first with "the fumble" which was more like the toss into your opponent's endzone. Then Crayton had to show him up by dropping the most important, and one of the easiest catches of his life... without a single defender on the TV screen. I'll take a late round flyer on him, but he pretty much is at Ray Finkle status with me right now, until he redeems himself. And not by dropping a wide open endzone pass against the Pats :-b

Don't forget about this guy:

:-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Next

Return to Football Talk