Patrick Crayton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Patrick Crayton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Patrick Crayton

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:55 am

Two first round exits...is Tony Romo becoming the Tracy McGrady of football? :-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:41 am

I love me some Crayton this year. I think the Ds will be focusing on the top three of T.O., Witten, and Barber that Crayton could get loose for more than a few bombs this year in addition to grab a handful of passes per game. Great value in most drafts.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby jbfflbeast » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:02 pm

benb18a wrote:Crayton is the next WR the Cowboys can count on to drop a gimme pass in an extremely crucial time in a playoff game. Glenn came first with "the fumble" which was more like the toss into your opponent's endzone. Then Crayton had to show him up by dropping the most important, and one of the easiest catches of his life... without a single defender on the TV screen. I'll take a late round flyer on him, but he pretty much is at Ray Finkle status with me right now, until he redeems himself. And not by dropping a wide open endzone pass against the Pats :-b

Yup..well said. I agree.
jbfflbeast
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby biju » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:44 pm

moochman wrote:I love me some Crayton this year. I think the Ds will be focusing on the top three of T.O., Witten, and Barber that Crayton could get loose for more than a few bombs this year in addition to grab a handful of passes per game. Great value in most drafts.

Hmmm. If I were the Dallas OC I would be running a ton of 3 wide formations getting Sam Hurd or Austin Miles out there to put defenses in nickel packages so Witten gets into single coverage with an LB and it also allows great checkdowns into the flat to Barber/Jones. This will force teams to not use man coverage. In a zone you'll see the ball head toward TO and maybe Witten on the seam. Personally I don't see Crayton getting very consistent passes outside of a standard formation, which doesn't utilize the weapons they have properly IMO.

I guess I just see Crayton as the odd man out here. I could be totally wrong and hell, I'm not an OC. :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:23 pm

biju wrote:
moochman wrote:I love me some Crayton this year. I think the Ds will be focusing on the top three of T.O., Witten, and Barber that Crayton could get loose for more than a few bombs this year in addition to grab a handful of passes per game. Great value in most drafts.

Hmmm. If I were the Dallas OC I would be running a ton of 3 wide formations getting Sam Hurd or Austin Miles out there to put defenses in nickel packages so Witten gets into single coverage with an LB and it also allows great checkdowns into the flat to Barber/Jones. This will force teams to not use man coverage. In a zone you'll see the ball head toward TO and maybe Witten on the seam. Personally I don't see Crayton getting very consistent passes outside of a standard formation, which doesn't utilize the weapons they have properly IMO.

I guess I just see Crayton as the odd man out here. I could be totally wrong and hell, I'm not an OC. :-D

I don't have any stats to prove this, but I would think that given Barber's running style, he'd be more suited to run the ball between the tackles. And if an offense is going to run mostly between the tackles, then you'd think they would want to have a FB in the game. That being said, the Cowboys do have a bunch of pretty good WR. I'd lean towards them using a standard formation, but you do make a good point....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:37 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:Two first round exits...is Tony Romo becoming the Tracy McGrady of football? :-)

I believe Peyton had more then 2 playoff struggles before his super bowl win didn't he? It's only been two years and one he was thrown in as the starter halfway through...There are alot more QB's who took more then 2 playoff trips to get their first win, its not like its been 7 years and no results.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby AllDay » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:17 am

benb18a wrote:Crayton is the next WR the Cowboys can count on to drop a gimme pass in an extremely crucial time in a playoff game. Glenn came first with "the fumble" which was more like the toss into your opponent's endzone. Then Crayton had to show him up by dropping the most important, and one of the easiest catches of his life... without a single defender on the TV screen. I'll take a late round flyer on him, but he pretty much is at Ray Finkle status with me right now, until he redeems himself. And not by dropping a wide open endzone pass against the Pats :-b

One play in a playoff game doesn't really tell the story about a seasons worth of fantasy production.

There's reasons to hate on Michael Westbrook in your draft this year - but taking a knee at the 1 shouldn't be one of them. I'd put your Crayton analysis in the same category.

I don't care what he does on one play in one playoff game if he can give me some decent production during my fantasy season.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:13 am

AllDay wrote:There's reasons to hate on Michael Westbrook in your draft this year - but taking a knee at the 1 shouldn't be one of them. I'd put your Crayton analysis in the same category.

Totally agree. The only reason I'm hating on Michael Westbrook is that he hasn't played since '02... :-b
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk