New Commish - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New Commish

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Commish

Postby young4_ever » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:53 pm

I am diving into the my first attempt as league commish.. I need some pointers.. I'm using ESPN cause cause I was intriqued by the defensive player option. I noticed that defensive players have the capabiltiy to score more points than offensive players due to so many scoring cats. I want to be prepared for my draft with roster sheets and other tools that you might think I need. I want this to be fun. Because the league I left has just lost it's luster. So again, if anyone has any helpful suggestions I welcome them.

Thanks
young4_ever
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Commish

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:31 pm

young4_ever wrote:I am diving into the my first attempt as league commish.. I need some pointers.. I'm using ESPN cause cause I was intriqued by the defensive player option. I noticed that defensive players have the capabiltiy to score more points than offensive players due to so many scoring cats. I want to be prepared for my draft with roster sheets and other tools that you might think I need. I want this to be fun. Because the league I left has just lost it's luster. So again, if anyone has any helpful suggestions I welcome them.

Thanks

Welcome to the Cafe

The best suggestion is to stick around here and read. ;-D There are a lot of good threads here in this forum as well as the Commish forum. Once you've read then ask some questions specific to your league. Good luck
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby totalair32 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Welcome as well. If you know all the people in the league, a wager is always fun, and a great way to keep it interesting. Make sure everyone knows the scoring cats before the draft so no ones whines about it. Also, a little fun smack talk never hurt anyone.

But yes, the best thing to do is read here. Check out the commish's forum. Tons of great info.

Good luck with the league.

Also, rotoworld has some great info IDP denfensive depth charts to check out. ;-D
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby spodog » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:32 pm

well, I was gonna say don't use ESPN to host your league, but it might be too late . . .
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Beginner's Forum