Leagues with milestone bonuses - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leagues with milestone bonuses

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Leagues with milestone bonuses

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:53 am

dream_017 wrote:And I don't think they are becoming all that more popular, most leagues used to be set up this way, then fractional scoring came in and most leagues have moved to that.

this is true.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Leagues with milestone bonuses

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:04 am

the thing is and this is just me off the cuff, but I hate them for various reasons. We tend to think of 100 yards rushing, 100 receiving and 300 passing as the "big day" kind of numbers, but to me it seems the latter two are in general harder to get. I think the bonuses can be harder to synch up fairly. Plus, as others have said, you are already being rewarded. The cutoff is too arbitrary. 99 yards and 100 yards is a bigger difference than 98 and 99 yards, which seems wrong to me.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk