Arizona defense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona defense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arizona defense

Postby 011472 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Can anyone point me to a good resource to learn more about team defenses? I don't usually pay much attention to team defenses at this point- pick up a cheap one at the end of the auction and get ready to play waivers. But I really like Arizona's early schedule- @SF, Miami, @Wash, @Jets, Buff- and I'm strongly considering targeting them for a $1 bid to start the season.

But I can't name one player on that defensive team, and most of the websites I've seen have them well into the second half of their rankings. Can anyone tell me about this team? I remember a little bit of hype last year, but I don't think they lived up to those expectations.

Thanks
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Arizona defense

Postby 011472 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Anyone?
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:37 pm

You've pretty much got them covered. They were on a few peoples' sleeper list last year, but didn't pan out. Some people are kind of high on them again this year, but I'd say they're middle of the pack at best. I wouldn't target them per se, but that early schedule could work out in your favor at least to begin the season.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:20 pm

I think that is a good strategy. Other than the WAS game that is a string of nice matchups. The NFC West gets the AFC East this year, which means not only do you get SF twice and STL twice, you also get Miami, Buffalo, and the Jets. I would rather spend $2 on Seattle but if they go higher, it is a good fall-back.

Adrian Wilson is one of the better safeties in the league. They were able to keep LB Karlos Dansby for a year, so he should still be a solid LB and still hungry for a contract. They have some talent at DE, and Chike Okefor should be back from injury. They spent their first rounder on Cromartie's cousin at CB, instead of getting Mendenhall to replace Edge.

It's hard to trust them for a year, but it's a decent gamble to start the year hot, especially for home games.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:39 pm

one thing i think that will benefit the cards defense this year is leinart having the starting QB job (at least as of now). while warner might be the better fantasy option of the two, between his INTs and fumbles, he put the opposing teams in good field position to score often, which was bad for the defense in the past. if edge can produce and leinart does at least medicore...i think the defense can justify a late pick.

big fan of adrian wilson....dudes a beast ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk