Favre's impact on Thomas Jones and other Jet's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre's impact on Thomas Jones and other Jet's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Favre's impact on Thomas Jones and other Jet's

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:55 am

squirly8 wrote:
treat24 wrote:Pennington coming to Minnesota to possibly take Brooks Bollingers job again would be hilarious.
Can he steal away the starting job from TJax hands ?

from what i've seen in camp... EASILY
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby squirly8 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:35 am

treat24 wrote:
squirly8 wrote:
treat24 wrote:Pennington coming to Minnesota to possibly take Brooks Bollingers job again would be hilarious.
Can he steal away the starting job from TJax hands ?

from what i've seen in camp... EASILY

Then, do you think that Pennington may become a Fantasy sleeper ?
(of course, if he land in Minnesota)
QB- Tannehill, Weeden, Vick, Henne
RB- A Foster, A Morris, McGahee, Jackson, B Wells, P Thomas, J Rodgers
WR- Cobb, R White, Austin, D Baldwin (Sea)
TE- Witten, Bennett
K- Tucker
DEF- SF Ind

Dynasty/16 teams H2H PLAY; 1 QB, 2 RB'S, 3 WR'S, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D
squirly8
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:44 am

squirly8 wrote:Then, do you think that Pennington may become a Fantasy sleeper ?

Absolutely. we are a run first team, easily. Our backs can catch out of the backfield for Penny. Penny's high percentage passing would be a great fit. Penny doesn't have the arm to let Berrian and Rice stretch the field though, which worries me. With AD, Penny will be passing to recievers in 1 on 1 coverage and should have open guys quite often. That being said, I haven't paid much attention to Penny in the last few years... How much better is he than our guys? Frerotte looked better than TJax yesterday. Heck, I'd like to see Booty get more reps.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby squirly8 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:01 am

treat24 wrote:
squirly8 wrote:Then, do you think that Pennington may become a Fantasy sleeper ?

Absolutely. we are a run first team, easily. Our backs can catch out of the backfield for Penny. Penny's high percentage passing would be a great fit.
Then, we may have a very interesting situation here : who will be the starting QB for the Vikings ?
I think it may become the key to all Super Bowl hopes for that team.
Minnesota : huge running game, great DEF but too many question marks for the starting QB.
QB- Tannehill, Weeden, Vick, Henne
RB- A Foster, A Morris, McGahee, Jackson, B Wells, P Thomas, J Rodgers
WR- Cobb, R White, Austin, D Baldwin (Sea)
TE- Witten, Bennett
K- Tucker
DEF- SF Ind

Dynasty/16 teams H2H PLAY; 1 QB, 2 RB'S, 3 WR'S, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D
squirly8
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:30 am

Great move by my Jets to get Favre. Instant upgrade from Pennington and Clemens.

Like everyone said Coles and Cotchery value definetly jumps up with his addition. Bubba Franks will be big again down in the red zone. As far as T.Jones goes, defenses will not be up in the box like they were when Pennington was the QB because now there is a legitimate threat to get the ball down the field. T.Jones should be in for a very good season because of that and the major improvements they made to their O-line this off season.

I know people are mentioning that Pennington will land in Minny but I would not be shocvked to see him in KC once he is released. He an Herm Edwards are real close from their days when Herm was the HC in NY.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 am

A concern now will be how soon the new O-line can come together. Having ironman Favre will help, but if they get off to a slow start his Brettness could toss a lot of INTs. On the plus side the Jets have two tough game in wk 2 &3 vs Pats and at the Bolts, but the early sched after than could favor a smooth transition. Look for Cotchery to take a big bump up, I could see him as a Jennings to Coles Driver.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:01 am

treat24 wrote:

Absolutely. we are a run first team, easily. Our backs can catch out of the backfield for Penny. Penny's high percentage passing would be a great fit. Penny doesn't have the arm to let Berrian and Rice stretch the field though, which worries me. With AD, Penny will be passing to recievers in 1 on 1 coverage and should have open guys quite often. That being said, I haven't paid much attention to Penny in the last few years... How much better is he than our guys? Frerotte looked better than TJax yesterday. Heck, I'd like to see Booty get more reps.

Chilly will not back down from starting TJack. His ball and chain is firmly attached. :-° I'm not in favor of Penny either, let someone else take him as their back up. Ferret will be our Backup, Booty will be the 3rd stringer. Brooks will be cut.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:02 am

RiffRaff wrote:
treat24 wrote:

Chilly will not back down from starting TJack. His ball and chain is firmly attached. :-° I'm not in favor of Penny either, let someone else take him as their back up. Ferret will be our Backup, Booty will be the 3rd stringer. Brooks will be cut.

Agreed. They've hitched their wagon to Jackson, for better or worse, and will live and die with him. I don't think Penny is a good fit anyway and would rather roll with the Jackson/Frerotte/Booty.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 am

Truely one of the great mysteries. Why would any coach hitch his wagon up to a sub-par QB? I guess it just shows how much ego can blind a coach.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 am

I believe Cotch is going to take over Drivers role, and Coles will take over Jennings role, but at the same time, I think we should temper expectations...These guys get a boost, but I'm not expecting a huge fantasy increase...I think Favre has the WR's to make some plays happen, so it will be interesting to watch...I picked him up in a few leagues so I'm really hoping it works out and he has a year similiar to last years.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer