drafting w IDPs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

drafting w IDPs

Moderator: Football Moderators

drafting w IDPs

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:31 am

i tried the draft forum to no avail, so ill try here....as leftovers is the best ;-D

im in an auction/dynasty start up league this year. ive never dealt w IDPs before, and never auction format in football(a couple times in baseball)

$260, keep full starting rosters from year to year w a supllimental 6 rd draft each year

roster - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEFT.....2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB

i have read somewhere that IDPs arent very consistant year to year. i would take that to mean they are similar to kickers.

so my questions are, is this true about IDPs, and what type of strategy should i go with in regards to money allocation? if IDPs are a crap shoot, then i shouldnt be spending any good money on them...probably just $1 for all of them. which will give me more money to spend on the other positions
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: drafting w IDPs

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:40 am

shawngee03 wrote:i tried the draft forum to no avail, so ill try here....as leftovers is the best ;-D

im in an auction/dynasty start up league this year. ive never dealt w IDPs before, and never auction format in football(a couple times in baseball)

$260, keep full starting rosters from year to year w a supllimental 6 rd draft each year

roster - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEFT.....2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB

i have read somewhere that IDPs arent very consistant year to year. i would take that to mean they are similar to kickers.

so my questions are, is this true about IDPs, and what type of strategy should i go with in regards to money allocation? if IDPs are a crap shoot, then i shouldnt be spending any good money on them...probably just $1 for all of them. which will give me more money to spend on the other positions

Correct, teh top IDPs change from year to year, but there are some that are pretty consistant (like mentioned, a lot like kickers). DL are the most likely to change. LBs are the RBs of the defense, these I would spend a little more on but I wouldn't break the bank on any one player. DBs are usually a little less scoring, but a little more consistant, again decent ones can always be had for little money or picked up off waivers. Just off the top, I would probably do a $200/$60 split for Off/Def, but it depends how the other owners are looking at value, you may have to do more on the Off or you may end up with more to spend for Def.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk