Players You "Must Have" This Season... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Players You "Must Have" This Season...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Players You "Must Have" This Season...

Postby peterparker » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 am

Robert Meachem. Brees will pass for 4000+yds 25+TDs; they have to go somewhere and Meachem should take a huge chunk. He seems to have all the necessary physical skills to be top 20, if not higher, and, most importantly, has a great attitude. Of all the WR breakout candidates I think he has the best chance.

Any of Cotchery, Burleson, Kevin Curtis, Sidney Rice. All are going around the same round and all of them should end up around 1000yds 5TD.

Matt Leinart. Arizona finished as the #5 passing offense last season; if Leinart plays the full season he should hit 3500+yds and 25-30tds.

Jay Cutler. Has great options and should be good for 3000-3500+ and 20-25TDS.

Thomas Jones if he is there late 4th or 5th. He has been getting overrated due to Favre but is still going later than similar backs. Only one TD last year was an anomaly and he will regress to his mean: ~300 carries, 1200yds, and 7-10TDs. Picking him in the fourth can allow you to get two elite WRs in the 2/3 and have a RB2 who is more like an RB1.

Seattle def. They were great last year yet are still going really late; a relatively easy schedule should see them post similar stats.
peterparker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:18 pm

I don't buy all the Maroney hype. Sure, he finished strong, but up til then you may as well have been handing the rock to a girl scout. Now comes Jordan, and steamrolls in his first effort. Do not underestimate the damage he may do to both of their fantasy values. Secondly, Marvin Harrison is a guy that I have faith in, albeit very shaky. Which is why it is IMPERATIVE you handcuff A-Gon (I know, I can hardly believe I'm suggesting handcuffing a WR myself), for that added security. I'm not sure if this got mentioned as I arrived late, and frankly didn't have time to read 4 pages of posts, but that's my take on those guys. My targets are not as lofty as most, but I'm looking for Delhomme to bounce back this year, and I am really bumping up Cotchery and Coles since the Saviours arrival. I've actually had drafts where I took both, so I can be sure to get the one #4 eventually favors!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby lebron23 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:42 am

While I do believe the Pats will go with a more run heavy offense this year, Jordan's presence squashes any chance Maroney had of seeing significant goalline carries.

The Pats went pass happy last season because nobody knew how to or could stop them. Their transformation into an unstoppable air attack was so sudden that nobody adjusted well, resulting in low numbers for Maroney until the end of the season. Regardless, if Maroney is your second RB then you should be worrying a little.
lebron23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Matt Jones.

Oh wait I thought it was 2006.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk