Kevin Smith - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Smith

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Smith

Postby brett5673 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:11 am

i feel stupid about this, but looking at vid, this guy has rediculous vision and runs fast with pads on, and he is a very good RB. its very obvious why Detroit wants him to be the starter. And Mike Martz isnt there for pass-o-mania worries. Im in an auction and will be willing to spend 6-7 bucks on him cause of his great potential. But on the flipside I see (I say I) cause i might be nuts, he has 2 or 3 red flags against him. 1 is i heard that cause of Martz leaving, the offense might not be in sync for a while getting a new system down. thats not too bad. But what i am worried about is his insane vision might just hurt him. Since he jukes so much, he is always vulnerable to a Monster hit from nowhere, seemingly more than other RB's ive seen. i watched his 41 carries against UAB and there were 4-5 hits in that game that couldve EASILY ended his season, i see it as a cause for concern. The other thing is the rediculous amount of carries he had at UCF last year. now everyone knows about the Pros and over 400 carries, he had around 450 carries last year in only 11-12 games. It may not be as bad since most Pro RB's with over 400 are a little older when it happens and smith is young, but that is a dangerous workload for any RB. This together makes me want to take him as only a sleeper like i said, but i assume through Preseason, unless he gets hurt, he will pick up speed and wont be much of a sleeper by then. Its just my take on an interesting Rookie RB this year, wonder if im nuts or you agree with me, like to hear youre input thanks
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kevin Smith

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:27 am

Here's a thread on him that was discussed not too long ago viewtopic.php?t=388648&hilit=kevin+smith+fantasy+impact

;-D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ampant » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:29 am

I haven't seen the kid play. But UCF isn't exactly a football powerhouse, and Conference USA isn't exactly the SEC or the Pac 10.

More than that, the lions have a crappy D, a new coach, and a weak O-Line. None of those things look for the makings of a phenomenal rookie year for a rookie RB.

You could be right, but I wouldn't take him till the 6th or 7th round, and that would depend on who else I had gotten at RB so far.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby mattpullman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:59 am

Just a little bit of information about KSmith, he had 450 carries last season in only 14 games for the Golden Knights. If you thought LJ was bad last season after carrying the ball 300+, look out for how bad 450 carries will hit Kevin Smith.
QB Orton/Flacco
WR Calvin
WR Nicks
WR Crabtree/Dez/MW
RB Rice
RB Charles
TE Finley/Zach Miller/Hernandez
W/R McCoy
W/R Blount/BJGE
mattpullman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant