been done before but bear with me! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

been done before but bear with me!

Moderator: Football Moderators

been done before but bear with me!

Postby hondadriver4life » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:25 am

ok i know that this topic has probably been posted a million times before but i am curious.
i am brand spankin new to fantasy fb and just joined a local league where i live.
i am going up against my best friend who is a flippin pro at this and the numbers game and he takes this seriously (sometimes way too much but its all in fun right?)

anyways the main point of this topic is this: where do i start? i honestly have no idea where to even begin lookin and i would appreciate any and all opinions/advice.
hondadriver4life
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: been done before but bear with me!

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:44 am

Have you already drafted? If not, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send u my draft cheat sheet. Also, read the other posts to get some good background information on fantasy. Finally, be more specific about what u want to know and there are plenty of people here that will be willing to help! ;-D
Last edited by joejlitz on Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:00 am

hondadriver4life wrote:anyways the main point of this topic is this: where do i start? i honestly have no idea where to even begin lookin and i would appreciate any and all opinions/advice.

Welcome to the Cafe

You have found the right place. ;-D Look around, use the search feature, there a number of great threads and very solid information around this site. Everyone is willing to help, so digest it all then ask some specific questions that you have and you should get some very helpful responses.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:28 am

Read this thread for starters, it has lots of good tips:
viewtopic.php?t=329323

Then just read as much as can here at the Cafe and don't be afraid to ask questions. If you look in the left hand margin, you can click on Rankings - it has rankings put together by some of our members here.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:16 pm

hondadriver4life wrote:ok i know that this topic has probably been posted a million times before but i am curious.
i am brand spankin new to fantasy fb and just joined a local league where i live.
i am going up against my best friend who is a flippin pro at this and the numbers game and he takes this seriously (sometimes way too much but its all in fun right?)

anyways the main point of this topic is this: where do i start? i honestly have no idea where to even begin lookin and i would appreciate any and all opinions/advice.

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

Like the others have said, you already found the best place to start. Stick around the Cafe and read a lot. Ask a lot of questions. You'll find that there's a lot of very helpful people here. ;-D

This thread has a lot of good sites for cheat sheets:

viewtopic.php?t=139810

My favorite is http://www.footballguys.com, but you must pay for their service this close to the season. Same with fantasyfootballxtreme.com. I do pay for a footballguys subscription. I just love the depth of info on that site. My favorite free sites are: http://www.fftoday.com (allows you to put your scoring system in...and it calculates fantasy points per game for every player going back to the 2000 season...very handy feature ;-D ) & http://www.junkyardjake.com (combines several sites' rankings into a consensus).

I hope that helps a little. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Return to Beginner's Forum