importance of QB with scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

importance of QB with scoring

Moderator: Football Moderators

importance of QB with scoring

Postby brett5673 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:20 pm

im in a league that has 1 point for every 25 yards and 6 for a TD, how important is it to get a top 5 QB with that? im in an auction and was thinking of spending the big money on 2 RB's but im thinking about on 1 RB and a QB now, any input helps
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: importance of QB with scoring

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:34 pm

how many do you start at each position? If it's the standard 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/K/DEF, the QB is still important, but I'd still spend solid money on your core of RBs.
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brett5673 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:44 pm

yes its standard like that, but i just remember 2 years ago that the guy who had Manning and LT with the same scoring did MUCH better than anyone with 2 Super Solid RBs and a good QB
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gmoney973 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:23 pm

in an auction league i would rather spend big money on 2 good rbs but in a draft i would concentrate on getting a good rb and good qb. the rb pool is pretty much the same after the top 10 or so, and the WR depth is great

i am in the same situation this season but our scoring is 6 points per passing td and 20 yards per point. i am thinking of drafting brees in the second round with this format.
gmoney973
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:05 pm

That's pretty standard scoring minus the boost to touchdowns. Don't weigh quarterbacks much more than you would in normal circumstances.

And that guy with LT probably did really well because he had LT, not necessarily because he had Peyton. That was the year LT scored 31 TDs.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby brett5673 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:01 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:That's pretty standard scoring minus the boost to touchdowns. Don't weigh quarterbacks much more than you would in normal circumstances.

And that guy with LT probably did really well because he had LT, not necessarily because he had Peyton. That was the year LT scored 31 TDs.

Okay, thanks. Fantasy sports central lets you customize your league settings and it didnt change much from default when i put them, Ill likely go with QB by Commitee. Garrard, Cutler, T-Jack?
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:50 pm

brett5673 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:That's pretty standard scoring minus the boost to touchdowns. Don't weigh quarterbacks much more than you would in normal circumstances.

Okay, thanks. Fantasy sports central lets you customize your league settings and it didnt change much from default when i put them, Ill likely go with QB by Commitee. Garrard, Cutler, T-Jack?

Garrard and Cutler are a couple good guys to target that should come relatively cheap, Garrard especially.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby brett5673 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Last year was golden, i waited and got Kitna and Roth, thgen picked up Derek anderson. Got kitna in 7th and Roth in 10
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moose_ffc » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:43 pm

You can get Garrard cheap in my league. I won't be owning the guy in any leagues. His receivers just make me feel BLAH. Good luck though.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby brett5673 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:51 pm

moose_ffc wrote:You can get Garrard cheap in my league. I won't be owning the guy in any leagues. His receivers just make me feel BLAH. Good luck though.

Now that you state that, they have Troy Williamson and, no matter what ANYONE says, this guy is horrific and being a vike fan, he was just a hurt. If this guy son the Field too much, Garrard will not do as good if hes on the field.
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk