Michael Bush - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Michael Bush

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Bush

Postby brett5673 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Michael Bush was a beast in college and was going to be a high pick before his injury. Now that hes healthy, i think he will take away many goal line carries first and foremost. But i also wouldnt be surprised if he gets more carries all over the field. He has a great combo of extreme power and speed and vision. I think if McFadden or Fargas get hurt, Bush could be a guy out of nowhere, like siruations in Denver from past years. Not sayin its gonna happen, but i think he has potential and one more reason to not go gaga over McFadden. He does not seem like a bad idea for a super sleeper or super late pick or Buck Auction guy. Tell me if im nuts PLEASE
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 459
Joined: 1 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Bush

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:08 pm

brett5673 wrote:Michael Bush was a beast in college and was going to be a high pick before his injury. Now that hes healthy, i think he will take away many goal line carries first and foremost. But i also wouldnt be surprised if he gets more carries all over the field. He has a great combo of extreme power and speed and vision. I think if McFadden or Fargas get hurt, Bush could be a guy out of nowhere, like siruations in Denver from past years. Not sayin its gonna happen, but i think he has potential and one more reason to not go gaga over McFadden. He does not seem like a bad idea for a super sleeper or super late pick or Buck Auction guy. Tell me if im nuts PLEASE


You are absolutely correct. Bush was/is a beast and will be a very good NFL back if given the chance. Lane Kiffen still runs the team and he did not want to draft McFadden because he loved Bush. Now, he will def run McFadden, but I would not be surprised at all to see Bush get a decent amount of carries each game, including most of the goalline stuff. The guy is a very good ball player and I for one am rooting for him.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Michael Bush

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Bush could be a sneaky bye week filler at the least. If the Raiders are playing a weak run D on your stud's bye he could step in and maybe vulture a TD or 2. With the money they have commited to McFadden and Fargas a lot would have to happen for Bush to see significant PT.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Michael Bush

Postby brett5673 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:34 pm

moochman wrote:Bush could be a sneaky bye week filler at the least. If the Raiders are playing a weak run D on your stud's bye he could step in and maybe vulture a TD or 2. With the money they have commited to McFadden and Fargas a lot would have to happen for Bush to see significant PT.


Yes, but like you said being a TD vulture, in a way, makes him the most likeable back there. He will see the important FF carries and Makes 2 other guys main use yardage and complicates it all together. its a no brainer value wise, at nothing, Bush makes sense in my auction draft if i got no one to pick. Now this is just me, since i am auctioning w/ many inexperienced players, but put out McFadden early and due to the hype he goes for a bunch i bet, then Fargas goes for a bit, then i sneak in for Bush at a Buck. I would just LOVE it if he became the best guy out of the three ;-D
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 459
Joined: 1 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Bush

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:08 pm

brett5673 wrote:
moochman wrote:Bush could be a sneaky bye week filler at the least. If the Raiders are playing a weak run D on your stud's bye he could step in and maybe vulture a TD or 2. With the money they have commited to McFadden and Fargas a lot would have to happen for Bush to see significant PT.


Yes, but like you said being a TD vulture, in a way, makes him the most likeable back there. He will see the important FF carries and Makes 2 other guys main use yardage and complicates it all together. its a no brainer value wise, at nothing, Bush makes sense in my auction draft if i got no one to pick. Now this is just me, since i am auctioning w/ many inexperienced players, but put out McFadden early and due to the hype he goes for a bunch i bet, then Fargas goes for a bit, then i sneak in for Bush at a Buck. I would just LOVE it if he became the best guy out of the three ;-D


IMO, talent wise, he is.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Michael Bush

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
brett5673 wrote:
moochman wrote:Bush could be a sneaky bye week filler at the least. If the Raiders are playing a weak run D on your stud's bye he could step in and maybe vulture a TD or 2. With the money they have commited to McFadden and Fargas a lot would have to happen for Bush to see significant PT.


Yes, but like you said being a TD vulture, in a way, makes him the most likeable back there. He will see the important FF carries and Makes 2 other guys main use yardage and complicates it all together. its a no brainer value wise, at nothing, Bush makes sense in my auction draft if i got no one to pick. Now this is just me, since i am auctioning w/ many inexperienced players, but put out McFadden early and due to the hype he goes for a bunch i bet, then Fargas goes for a bit, then i sneak in for Bush at a Buck. I would just LOVE it if he became the best guy out of the three ;-D


IMO, talent wise, he is.



People forget how highly touted he was coming out, and he was a sure-fire 1st rd pick...Big huge back with great feet and great hands out of the backfield...That is a nice backfield, but fantasy wise having 3 backs will dip into everyones carries which was my reasoning against McFadden having a super huge year, Bush should be at worst a goal line vulture but he is too talented to only play goal line snaps, and Fargas still runs hard...Dynasty I would rather have Bush then all 3 probably.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Michael Bush

Postby AllDay » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:26 am

I've read a couple of comments from the Raiders staff suggesting they would like to see him and McFadden both impress enough to be a tandem. Bush's thunder to McFadden's lightning.

In that case I would think Fargas gets the nod on passing downs and as McFadden's back-up.

I already own McFadden (69th pick) and I've heard he has looked very impressive in camp - but with Bush and Fargas both stealing touches my expectations are lowered a bit. Looking like a 3 headed RBBC.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 240
Joined: 18 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Michael Bush

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 am

AllDay wrote:I've read a couple of comments from the Raiders staff suggesting they would like to see him and McFadden both impress enough to be a tandem. Bush's thunder to McFadden's lightning.

In that case I would think Fargas gets the nod on passing downs and as McFadden's back-up.

I already own McFadden (69th pick) and I've heard he has looked very impressive in camp - but with Bush and Fargas both stealing touches my expectations are lowered a bit. Looking like a 3 headed RBBC.



Thats exactly how it looks, and if all 3 guys keep playing well, no reason for one guy to not see the field, so unless an injury occurs I think we will see all 3 backs getting carries...Guys should keep in mind this is a zone blocking scheme their running, which traditionally plugs in RB's like its nothing, during the regular season it could be a situation where the guy with the big week changes week to week, but long term I think the ideal look would be to pair Bush and McFadden, I just don't think Fargas is going anywhere yet.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Michael Bush

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:38 am

IMO, adding Bush with McFadden will make McFadden a better back. He is the type that can use another guy in the running game to be effective. Ie. Felix Jones and him at Arkansas. I agree with LS2 that people, including scouts in the NFL, forgot how good Bush was and where he should have been drafted had he not hurt himself. The guy was a Heisman candidate back that is big, has great vision, and is explosive when he needs to be.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Michael Bush

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:18 am

McFadden wasn't around for any of those two-, four- and five-win seasons. You get the sense from watching him run the ball that things would have been much different with him on the team.

He rushed 12 times for 48 yards in his NFL debut. Pedestrian numbers, for sure, for a player who averaged 5.8 yards rushing during his three-year career at the University of Arkansas. However, the numbers don't show how McFadden burst through the line and came close a couple of times to turning a short run into a long one.

"I was really happy just to go in there and get the jitters out of you," McFadden said. "It was my first NFL game, you're going to be nervous. It felt good."

He did enough to whet the appetite of Raiders fans who haven't witnessed a running back with legitimate breakaway speed since Napoleon Kaufman. That also was enough to draw rave reviews from McFadden's teammates and coaches.

McFadden, second-year running back Michael Bush and wide receiver/punt returner Johnnie Lee Higgins also played well enough to turn Russell's performance into an afterthought.

Russell played the first two series and completed only 2 of 5 passes for 13 yards. He was replaced by Andrew Walter early in the second quarter, or just about the time McFadden, Higgins and Bush turned the game into their own little showcase.

"We missed a couple of passes that we would have liked to get, but we have a lot more games to go," Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said.

Kiffin is hopeful of Bush developing into a reliable option on short-yardage and goal-line plays, and Higgins into a dependable player at receiver and on punt returns.

Sure, it's only one game, but Bush and Higgins made compelling cases for securing the unfilled roles placed at their feet.

Bush ran, caught and blocked his way into Kiffin's heart, as well as the 49ers secondary on a consistent basis.

"He looked really good," Kiffin said. "His feet looked exceptional. "... I was very pleased with Michael."

In other words, Bush did everything expected of him by Kiffin and the Raiders when they selected him in the fourth round of the 2007 NFL draft.

Now, it's a matter of matching that level of play on a game-to-game basis. The early returns are encouraging.

Bush converted a third-and-two play, caught every pass thrown his way and scored from 5 yards on a play on which he made a nice cut in the backfield before blowing through the 49ers defense.

"If you read the scheme and do what your coaches taught you, everything else should be all right," Bush said afterward.



http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_10146185
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:58 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact