Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:01 pm

maybe because lendale is lazy and showed up 50 pounds overweight and overrated. Lynch was a rookie on a much better team this year and not splitting nothing with noone.
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:37 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:maybe because lendale is lazy and showed up 50 pounds overweight and overrated. Lynch was a rookie on a much better team this year and not splitting nothing with noone.

He showed up about 20 lbs overweight, understandable since he had surgery, and Im not sure how you show up "overrated".

White is probably in the lower RB2 group. Not much upside, solid numbers, while Lynch might wind up a top 10 back considering what he did in his rookie year.

My biggest worry about White (Who I own all over the place) is not Johnson, but Young. He lost carries to other RBs last year, and the numbers were still good. He lost 3-4 TDs to Young last year though, and that ticks me off.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:06 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Agree Completely ;-D

Lendale is great value where he is going, and his overweight, work ethic issues are overblown, people need to realize that he had averaged a higher YPC last year then Reggie Bush, and he is a great goal line back...Definately agree he is a safe back much like Rudi Johnson before, I would feel safe with him getting me a consistent amount of points all season from my RB2 position.

Yeah, you loved him so much you let me get White as my backup RB in the 1st round QB challenge }:-) }:-) :-b :-b

Well Im Kinda RB heavy in that league so I ended up with other backs, but if you want to trade him send him this way :-D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby tolleyjenkins » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:12 am

ttwarrior1 wrote:not splitting nothing with noone.

Sooooo he's splitting something with someone?
tolleyjenkins
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby logan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:10 am

Free Bagel wrote:Another thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that Lynch's numbers not only came in fewer games, but (as well as this can be evaluated at least) against one of the toughest run schedules in the entire NFL last year.

This year, while it is admittedly very difficult to predict this stuff ahead of time, he looks to be playing against the complete opposite and one of the easiest run schedules in the NFL.

yeah buffalo has one of the best RB SoS's this year (actually it is the best but only by a 10th of a point).the titans on the other hand is pretty middle of the road.it's not terrible but not great either.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Guru13 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:19 am

logan wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Another thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that Lynch's numbers not only came in fewer games, but (as well as this can be evaluated at least) against one of the toughest run schedules in the entire NFL last year.

This year, while it is admittedly very difficult to predict this stuff ahead of time, he looks to be playing against the complete opposite and one of the easiest run schedules in the NFL.

yeah buffalo has one of the best RB SoS's this year (actually it is the best but only by a 10th of a point).the titans on the other hand is pretty middle of the road.it's not terrible but not great either.

I tried looking for a strength of schedule list but the FFtoolbox one confused me big time. :-B
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby logan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
logan wrote:

I tried looking for a strength of schedule list but the FFtoolbox one confused me big time. :-B

i'm going expressly off the football guys version so results may vary but looking at the real schedule compared to what they more or less predict it's pretty spot on.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby TommyZND » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:49 pm

I just tend to stay away from RB's with a bigger stomach then me. Lenwhale did gain 30 LB's from last year which was prob. already mentioned.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treat24 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:55 pm

I think we'll see a lot of johnson this year. more than people think.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:11 pm

I agree we will see alot of johnson...but in situations that White wouldn't be (or hasn't been) used anyways for the most part. especially alot of slot receiver.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk