Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby kemper5 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:17 pm

I like Lynch better. I think he will pop out a nice 1400 yrd, 12 TD type season no competition and that left side of the Buf line is one of the very best. I actually am strongly consideing taking him 7th overall in one of my PPR leagues when LT,Westy,Peterson, SJax and probably Gore are gone.
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 am

Not a stretch, I'd easily take him there ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby logan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:51 am

here's some more fuel to the fire regarding the situation in Tennessee and it's impact on white

TEN - Titans HC Fisher Speaks On RB Situation

Source: Terry McCormick, Nashville City Paper

The Tennessee Titans No. 1 RB spot was reserved for LenDale White last season. It seems he now has several competitors. Chris Johnson's 66-yard TD run in Saturday's win validated the theory that Johnson can be more than just a "change of pace" back for White. "I probably should clarify things right now as far as the starting running back position is concerned," Fisher said, trying to snuff out any talk of a running back controversy.

"We're going to use a number of running backs, and the starter, as far as I'm concerned, will be the guy that plays the first play in the game, not because one has earned the privilege to start over another. It'll be based on what we decide to do as an offensive staff to start the game."

"They're going to play, and obviously, we're going to have two players, and as it looks right now, it's going to be LenDale and it's going to be Chris [Johnson], and we're going to interchange them throughout the game and back them up with the other guys," Fisher said.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby treat24 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:20 am

As illustrated in the first post... their numbers were somewhat similar...

Lynch will play 3rd downs this year increasing his numbers from last year

chris will take carries from white, decreasing his numbers from last year

they were close last year. should not be this year.

however, white's adp is low and would make a great RB3, lynch should be your #1 or a top #2.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 am

I am not going to argue that White will come close to Lynch's production, because I have Marshawn well above LenDale. But unless Vince Young's passing takes major strides forward this year I really don't see LenDale's workload getting reduced much if at all. VY did show signs last year by completing 62% of his passes but he still had paltry yardage numbers and a meager 9 TD's. Tennessee is likely to pound the rock again and I don't see Chris Johnson (or Henry for that matter) siphoning too many of the 303 carries he had last year. I see LenDale getting anywhere between 270-300 carries along with GL touches, and for where he is going as a low #2/high #3 you really can't ask for more.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:05 pm

I think Lynch is this year's overhyped 2nd year player. This is the guy that will be drafted in the top10 overall, when really he should not be touched until the late 2nd round.

I don't like the Lendale White comparison simply because of Chris Johnson, but I get what you are implying here. Marshawn Lynch is not an all world talent, his team is below average, and he plays in a tough conference/division. No way in hell I would want to roll with Lynch as my RB1.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:00 pm

treat24 wrote:I think we'll see a lot of johnson this year. more than people think.

As someone who watches The Office, I'm trying desperately to restrain myself here.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby treat24 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
treat24 wrote:I think we'll see a lot of johnson this year. more than people think.

As someone who watches The Office, I'm trying desperately to restrain myself here.

:-b :-b

Have you seen my cafe dynasty league where we actually draft a college farm system:

http://treat24.net/TWSS/
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:38 pm

treat24 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

:-b :-b

Have you seen my cafe dynasty league where we actually draft a college farm system:

http://treat24.net/TWSS/

Haha, nice.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby lebron23 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:39 am

Kensat30 wrote:I think Lynch is this year's overhyped 2nd year player. This is the guy that will be drafted in the top10 overall, when really he should not be touched until the late 2nd round.

I don't like the Lendale White comparison simply because of Chris Johnson, but I get what you are implying here. Marshawn Lynch is not an all world talent, his team is below average, and he plays in a tough conference/division. No way in hell I would want to roll with Lynch as my RB1.

I disagree. The Bills are building their entire offense around Lynch, and he has the talent to take advantage of that. When the 49ers did the same thing with a comparably terrible team, Frank Gore went for over 2000 all purpose yards and 9 TDs.

Lynch is an incredible talent, and comparing him to a tub of lard like LenDale is doing a disservice to him as a player.
lebron23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk