Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby themanbeast9 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:40 am

I'd take Marshawn Lynch any day. Ya, Lendale White had similar stats but he was consistent the whole season. Marshawn consistently had 20 point games where Lendale just started coming on at the end. Also, Chris Johnson is definitly going to steal some valuable carries from Lendale while there is no clear cut backup in Buffalo.
themanbeast9
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:56 pm

lebron23 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I think Lynch is this year's overhyped 2nd year player. This is the guy that will be drafted in the top10 overall, when really he should not be touched until the late 2nd round.

I don't like the Lendale White comparison simply because of Chris Johnson, but I get what you are implying here. Marshawn Lynch is not an all world talent, his team is below average, and he plays in a tough conference/division. No way in hell I would want to roll with Lynch as my RB1.


I disagree. The Bills are building their entire offense around Lynch, and he has the talent to take advantage of that. When the 49ers did the same thing with a comparably terrible team, Frank Gore went for over 2000 all purpose yards and 9 TDs.

Lynch is an incredible talent, and comparing him to a tub of lard like LenDale is doing a disservice to him as a player.


I'm sorry but Lynch is not even close to Gore in talent IMO. Come back here and tell me I'm wrong when Lynch rushes for over 1,500 yards, leads his conference in rushing, or puts up 2,000 combined.

Hell, I'm not even so sure that Lynch is THAT much better than Fred Jackson. Don't get me wrong, I think Lynch is a good solid player, but in no way is he an elite. Gore can run around, cut past, or go through defenders. He's led his team in receptions. He's a centerpiece of the offense. Lynch has a nifty little cut jump and has pretty good vision, but he is not a beast running the football. And as far as I can tell, Lynch is not the type of RB that is going to catch 70-80 passes. The guy had 1,100 yards last year. I've seen an average RB in Rudi Johnson trump that figure 3 consecutive years. Therefore, the verdict is Lynch: good not great.

Then it comes down to how much you like the Buffalo RB in general. You know this will be Edwards first full year starting. And that Buffalo's LT has not been practicing due to a holdout. And they have a new offensive coordinator. Lynch himself has shown character flaws. I'm not so sure that that is a very desirable situation to be in. Sure I have no question he can be a good RB#2, but top10 pick overall? :-t
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby lebron23 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:29 pm

With all due respect, you're kinda neglecting to mention that this past year was Lynch's rookie season. Players tend to develop after their rookie seasons and while I obviously can't say Lynch's rookie numbers compare to Gore's sophomore numbers, I can say that that is not a fair comparison and Lynch is capable of being the center of a productive offense (see: Cal).

Honestly, how many people here thought that a dyslexic RB coming off of major surgery and barely any PT in college named Frank Gore would turn into the player he is now? Other than Niners homers like myself, not many. The reason I bring this up is because in Gore's rookie season, nobody was talking about his ability to "run around or cut past" defenders, because usually a player's rookie season is not the tell all measure of talent...

Think hard, who would you think is going to improve more, Lynch who has an entire offense centered around him, or White who has a 2nd rounder and a 1st rounder fighting for PT right behind him?
Image
lebron23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 292
Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Bay

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:48 pm

I have to say I was not a Lynch fan heading into last year; not so much NOT a Lynch fan I suppose as not a fan of his situation in Buffalo. I know this is not end all be all but the guy averaged 1.7 ypc last pre-season. I was shocked that he averaged 4ypc during the season.

He is one of the few guys that will touch it close to 25 times a game. Had he not been injured he would have carried the ball close to 350 times last year. I expect Jason Peters to be on the line by the start of the season. I expect no let up in the workload for Lynch and I expect that his average and TDs will go up. Whatever kind of back you want to call him, mark the guy down for 1,400 yards and 10 scores at least.
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:38 am

I don't see a big difference in what seperates Steven Jackson from Marshawn Lynch in terms of overall talent...Lynch's rookie season was very similiar to S Jax's 2nd year in the league, there is no reason to believe Lynch doesn't have alot of upside left and I hardly doubt we have seen the best he has to offer...He has that same type of potential, I hardly think Gore blows him out of the water as talented as he may be.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby XHendrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:27 am

Kensat30 wrote:
lebron23 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I think Lynch is this year's overhyped 2nd year player. This is the guy that will be drafted in the top10 overall, when really he should not be touched until the late 2nd round.

I don't like the Lendale White comparison simply because of Chris Johnson, but I get what you are implying here. Marshawn Lynch is not an all world talent, his team is below average, and he plays in a tough conference/division. No way in hell I would want to roll with Lynch as my RB1.


I disagree. The Bills are building their entire offense around Lynch, and he has the talent to take advantage of that. When the 49ers did the same thing with a comparably terrible team, Frank Gore went for over 2000 all purpose yards and 9 TDs.

Lynch is an incredible talent, and comparing him to a tub of lard like LenDale is doing a disservice to him as a player.


I'm sorry but Lynch is not even close to Gore in talent IMO. Come back here and tell me I'm wrong when Lynch rushes for over 1,500 yards, leads his conference in rushing, or puts up 2,000 combined.

Hell, I'm not even so sure that Lynch is THAT much better than Fred Jackson. Don't get me wrong, I think Lynch is a good solid player, but in no way is he an elite. Gore can run around, cut past, or go through defenders. He's led his team in receptions. He's a centerpiece of the offense. Lynch has a nifty little cut jump and has pretty good vision, but he is not a beast running the football. And as far as I can tell, Lynch is not the type of RB that is going to catch 70-80 passes. The guy had 1,100 yards last year. I've seen an average RB in Rudi Johnson trump that figure 3 consecutive years. Therefore, the verdict is Lynch: good not great.

Then it comes down to how much you like the Buffalo RB in general. You know this will be Edwards first full year starting. And that Buffalo's LT has not been practicing due to a holdout. And they have a new offensive coordinator. Lynch himself has shown character flaws. I'm not so sure that that is a very desirable situation to be in. Sure I have no question he can be a good RB#2, but top10 pick overall? :-t


He's not a beast running?
His teamates call his running style beastmode.
Have you ever seen him play?
XHendrix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 273
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lendale White v. Marshawn Lynch

Postby hardcore » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:00 am

I'll just flat out say it

Lynch is better than Gore and hereafter. Just a better overall real Rb who can carry the chains
Lynch is a gazzillion times better than Fatdale
hardcore
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 35
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:05 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact