NFL tickets RANT! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

NFL tickets RANT!

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL tickets RANT!

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:18 am

I'm not a happy camper.

Every year I'm in the hunt for tickets to 2-3 Seahawk games. This year is the second time that I'm on Ticketmaster's site the very second it opens up for regular season tix for sale. I tried over and over for 90 minutes until the ENTIRE FRIGGIN SEASON was sold out and I could not get 2-4-6 tickets to any game!

What's up with that? Does the average Joe just not get to buy tickets at face value and go to a game? Who gets to buy them? These same tickets that I couldn't get were already on legal scalping websites before the season sold out. WTF?????? Guys who want to buy tickets and go to a game have to buy from people with an inside track... who buy up all the seats and scalp 'em.

I give up. I've often thought about just buying season tickets and selling half on ebay myself.

:-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: NFL tickets RANT!

Postby treat24 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:24 am

In Minnesota we just passed "the hannah montana law" this last year... not a joke... that is the name of it... so that this can not happen. I feel sorry for you man. A lot of people used to get pissed at that same thing here. The Hannah Montana concert last year caused such a fuss over this that it got pushed into law that you can't mass buy or auto buy, etc. Also, only a certain amount of tickets are available to ticketmaster and other 2nd party sources. The rest are available through the ticket office for the establishment and some through the organization itself. Thankfully, what happened to you can not happen in MN or there are serious fines. upwards of half a million. Ticketmaster won't try to bypass the Minnesota law and risk a potential multi-million dollar fine, etc. Possibly jail time, but doubtful. Their extra charges are a lot, but not enough to cover that :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:27 am

treat24 wrote:In Minnesota we just passed "the hannah montana law" this last year... not a joke... that is the name of it... so that this can not happen. I feel sorry for you man. A lot of people used to get pissed at that same thing here. The Hannah Montana concert last year caused such a fuss over this that it got pushed into law that you can't mass buy or auto buy, etc. Also, only a certain amount of tickets are available to ticketmaster and other 2nd party sources. The rest are available through the ticket office for the establishment and some through the organization itself. Thankfully, what happened to you can not happen in MN or there are serious fines. upwards of half a million. Ticketmaster won't try to bypass the Minnesota law and risk a potential multi-million dollar fine, etc. Possibly jail time, but doubtful. Their extra charges are a lot, but not enough to cover that :)

I would think the "Hannah Montana" law would be for some sort of crime with being involved with underage girls

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:30 am

edited my post to throw a tad more info on there.

JasonSeahorn wrote:I would think the "Hannah Montana" law would be for some sort of crime with being involved with underage girls

you would think :)

I personally don't care what it's called as long as it allows "average joe" to get tickets with ease.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:I'm not a happy camper.

Every year I'm in the hunt for tickets to 2-3 Seahawk games. This year is the second time that I'm on Ticketmaster's site the very second it opens up for regular season tix for sale. I tried over and over for 90 minutes until the ENTIRE FRIGGIN SEASON was sold out and I could not get 2-4-6 tickets to any game!

What's up with that? Does the average Joe just not get to buy tickets at face value and go to a game? Who gets to buy them? These same tickets that I couldn't get were already on legal scalping websites before the season sold out. WTF?????? Guys who want to buy tickets and go to a game have to buy from people with an inside track... who buy up all the seats and scalp 'em.

I give up. I've often thought about just buying season tickets and selling half on ebay myself.

Happens with every sport. With popularity/success comes extreme demand. How long did it take for the tickets to sell out?

PS Don't more tickets get released a couple days before a game?
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 am

Nfl Fan wrote:I'm not a happy camper.

Sorry to hear that man. :-/ :,-(

I know it doesn't feel like it, but in a way you're lucky. You actually have the opportunity to purchase season tickets and/or regular season tickets. I grew up in NY and the Jets & Giants season tickets have been sold out forever. Regular season tickets NEVER go on sale for the Jets or Giants because season tickets are sold out and the waiting lists are a mile long. Same thing in GB and a few other cities.

I think a lot depends on which team. I lived in southern FL for a bit and the Dolphins never sell out unless the oppenents fans buy the rest of the tickets. This past weekend I bought tickets to the season opener vs the Jets (Favres' 1st game! :-) ) & tickets to see Minn play TB. TB had their season tickets sold out after the SB year, but now they're not. ;-D

I hope that you still get to go to a few games. If I were you I'd just go to a few games and try to get tickets there (as long as it's not a huge drive). Wait until the game is about to start and you'll see scalpers trying to give the tickets away...or lose them. You should be able to find tickets at face value. Not everyone scalping at the games is looking to make a profit. Good luck man! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:53 am

Dude you are in the wrong city. If you came to Nor Cal you would have tickets available to you up to the last minute.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to General Talk