Titans' first pre-season outing - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tennessee Titans

Titans' first pre-season outing

Moderator: Football Moderators

Titans' first pre-season outing

Postby Aaron's Arsenal » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Man they looked on fire, was great to see everyone so hungry. What about Chris Johnson's run!!! Wow!

if you missed it...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809e4d39
NASHVILLE, TN, Aug. 9, 2008 — So much for Chris Johnson being a well-kept secret.

It took Johnson seven touches to score his first NFL touchdown, and he did it in a manner spectacular enough to make everyone wonder how many more he’ll score before his career is over.

Johnson took a handoff from Kerry Collins, cut once and outran everyone 66 yards for a touchdown. It almost seemed Johnson must’ve caught a pass, but replays confirmed he started behind the line of scrimmage.
Aaron's Arsenal
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Titans' first pre-season outing

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:21 pm

I have to admit, Johnson looked mighty solid in his first preseason outing. He's a multi-tool player who the Titans would love to utilize in both the running and passing game. If he continues to break off big runs like that, people will stop questioning why the Titans took the kid in the first round when they already had LenDale.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Aaron's Arsenal » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:46 pm

I have to admit that I questioned it on draft day, was really shocked. But as a Loyal Titan fan I gave it a chance, and after reading up on him and hearing the ways they were planning on him I liked the Idea. Was like adding a Reggie Bush to our team. He will run and play slot. But I wondered if his speed would translate on the field in a game. He looked good, but it's still early. I was just excited to see his performance! But, as long as we have Indy in our division it's always a tough year! ;-D
Aaron's Arsenal
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:21 am

Aaron's Arsenal wrote:But, as long as we have Indy in our division it's always a tough year! ;-D

I wouldn't have it any other way. ;-) :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Aaron's Arsenal » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:23 am

I think this year will be a great year for us though, we have more offense, and our defense seems as strong as ever....will be a great game on Monday night! ;-D
Aaron's Arsenal
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Aaron's Arsenal wrote:I think this year will be a great year for us though, we have more offense, and our defense seems as strong as ever....will be a great game on Monday night! ;-D

Agreed. You guys always play us tough, no matter who's on the roster. Should be another great game. It's really a shame the Titans don't give Vince more to work with from the receiver position. Justin McCarenis and Justin Gage don't exactly strike fear into the hearts of any defensive coordinators. Still, I'm sure it will be a fight to the finish in the South with everyone looking a lot better, Titans included. Heck, even the Texans will give us a run for our money this year.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Aaron's Arsenal » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:21 am

The AFC South is defenately the class of the NFL. Last year we had three of our four teams make the playoffs, which was unreal! True, our recievers don't strike fear in anyone, but I think the Front office wanted to get a core of guys(T.E. Crumpler, RB/slot reciever Chris Johnson, sure handed McCareins and Gage) that will play well together. You have alot of classy #1 WR's in the NFL(Indy has two), but alot of other #1 Wr's have alot of drama they bring to the team. I think Tennessee is trying to get a team that play with good chemestry on both sides of the ball....your exactly right, this year in our division all four teams have potential. Indy still has alot of firepower, but it can be a close race for another two AFC South teams to join them in the playoffs!
Aaron's Arsenal
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:49 am

It's highly possible that three teams from the South could make the playoffs. I'm not sure which three, but there's no question that every team in the South is a playoff calibur team. Even the Texans are going to make a run at it if Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub get things going and stay healthy. Mario Williams is a terror. I swear, I was one of those guys who was critical of the Texans for passing on Reggie Bush. Boy, was I wrong. Who knew Williams would be an elite pass-rusher while Bush struggled mightily. I was going to ask you about the wideout core in Tennessee, are they bringing back Eric Moulds. The guy needs five yards to reach 10K for his career. I was kind of hoping he was going to stick around for one more year.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Aaron's Arsenal » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:22 am

No, we let Moulds go...I didn't realize he was that close, but he needed a roster spot and we have alot of young guys. Gage and McCerins are pretty sure handed, don't drop much(As far a training camp reports go) Gage is a speedster with size. We will be using a rotation with Ealy and Chris Johnson in the slot, and Hawkins(Rookie from CAL) has alot of promise. No big names, but reports are good out of camp. our big target for sure is Crumpler. He will get alot of the redzone attention ;-D You think Harrison has much left? he is a great caliber guy(Skill and attitude), Gonzales looks like he has promise!
Aaron's Arsenal
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Personally, I think Harrison is on a mission to prove everyone wrong. The guy is practicing just like he did when he was an elite player and looked solid in his first preseason outing. I just have to believe that if he's healthy, which he appears to be, he'll return to form. Gonzalez had a tremendous finish to his rookie year, including a great performance in the playoff loss to San Diego. All signs point to Gonzo being a dangerous deep threat for Manning. Outside of his 49 touchdown season in 2004, I think this could be Peyton's best statistical season. I've never seen so many passing targets on any Colts team I've watched in my 23 years of being a fan. Harrison, Wayne, Gonzalez, Clark, Tamme, Robinson, Addai, etc...all are very strong passing options. I just hope Manning's knee is ready to go, and that's something we just need to wait and see about.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Tennessee Titans