Re-draft leagues??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Beginner's Forum

Re-draft leagues???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re-draft leagues???

Postby deghumacao » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:17 pm

...dumb question...but what does this mean??? does this mean you re-draft after the regular season ends???
deghumacao
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 57
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Re-draft leagues???

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:26 pm

deghumacao wrote:...dumb question...but what does this mean??? does this mean you re-draft after the regular season ends???


The only dumb question is the question not asked. ;-D


Yes, redraft means that if the same league plays again next year, they'll "redraft" their entire teams. Keeper leagues keep 1 or more players, not the entire team. Dynasty leagues keep the entire team year to year. ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Re-draft leagues???

Postby deghumacao » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:33 pm

I get it..it has nothing to do with re-drafting for the playoffs once the regular season is over...it means every year you come back to the league you re-draft your entire team
deghumacao
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 57
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Re-draft leagues???

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:42 pm

deghumacao wrote:I get it..it has nothing to do with re-drafting for the playoffs once the regular season is over...it means every year you come back to the league you re-draft your entire team



;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Re-draft leagues???

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:21 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
deghumacao wrote:I get it..it has nothing to do with re-drafting for the playoffs once the regular season is over...it means every year you come back to the league you re-draft your entire team



;-D


Yup, because fantasy playoffs are held during the regular season - fantasy season ends when regular season ends, in fact most leagues end week 16 because too many teams who have cinched a playoff spot will rest their players in week 17.
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 168)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Re-draft leagues???

Postby joejlitz » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:06 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
deghumacao wrote:...dumb question...but what does this mean??? does this mean you re-draft after the regular season ends???


The only dumb question is the question not asked. ;-D


Yes, redraft means that if the same league plays again next year, they'll "redraft" their entire teams. Keeper leagues keep 1 or more players, not the entire team. Dynasty leagues keep the entire team year to year. ;-D

Is there a difference between a Keeper League and a Dynasty League? I see comments about both on the boards.

Thanks!

Litz
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified


Return to Beginner's Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:16 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact