Keeper league question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Keeper league question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper league question

Postby Eric the Red » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:49 am

Ok, I'm a first time FF manager...I inherited a team from a player who quit in a keeper league where you give up the draft position from last year for the player you are keeping.
S. Alexander was taken first last year so thats a moot point, M Jones-Drew was taken second...but he ended the year with Wes Welker on the team who wasnt drafted and if I were to keep him I just lose my last draft spot instead of the number 2 for Jones-Drew.
So do I keep Welker (it is a ppr league) and my second round spot or keep Jones-Drew and yet lose the second pick? I drew the 4th pick in the first round (obviously most of the top rb's will be kept from last year)
Eric the Red
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper league question

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 am

How many players do you get to keep? How many owners are in the league? The reason for these questions are, if you only keep 1 player then you should be able to have a nice pick at the 4 spot by keeping Welker. The number of owners is also important because if it is a 12 team league you need to figure out the top players and if MJD is better then what you would be able to draft then you keep him, if it is an 8 team league you could probably do better or still even draft him yourself and still keep Welker.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Eric the Red » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:59 am

There are 10 owners in the league and you get to keep one O and one D player
Tx

BTW my third round pick was D Brees
Eric the Red
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:24 pm

10 teams only keeping 1 Off. Then your keeper has to be Welker. You can still get 2 very solid backs in your 1st 2 picks.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Eric the Red » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Thats was what I was thinking, but being my first time around I thought I might be missing something.

Thanks for the help
Eric the Red
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Beginner's Forum