This year's Romo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This year's Romo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: This year's Romo

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:37 pm

The only possibility I see is Derek Anderson. I sometimes see him going QB8+ off the board in the middle rounds, kinda like Romo last year. And he still has Edwards, Winslow, and added Stallworth. The potential for 30+ TDs is there just between those three players.

Hell, he threw like 29 last year. And he scored 32. Why is this guy lasting 3-5 rounds longer than Palmer in some drafts? Boggles the mind...
Last edited by Kensat30 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TGM » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Yeah, I also ended up with Romo last season after everyone else already had their QB. And, in some cases were already starting to draft their back up's. It was a 12 teamer, and I think I got him somewhere 'round 7th-8th round. Felt like I stole him after the first half of the season. But, it came back to bite me in the arse in the playoffs when he apparently couldn't get Jessica out of his mind...LOL!

As for this year, and if you're like me and prefer to wait on QB's, I like guys like Garrard, Cutler and Rivers as potential #1's, and guys like Rodgers, Campbell and Leinart as potential #2's. All should take a step forward this year.

And, I agree with Kensat30...Anderson could be the closest thing to being this year's Romo. Trouble is...he will probably go earlier than he should in most drafts based on what he did last year.
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LeBron James » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Delhomme will be this year's Romo AND Brady. He's probably going in the 8th or 9th rounds in most leagues, like Romo was last year. That's a good thing so I don't have to reach for him in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:48 pm

TGM wrote:
And, I agree with Kensat30...Anderson could be the closest thing to being this year's Romo. Trouble is...he will probably go earlier than he should in most drafts based on what he did last year.

If you base Anderson's draft stock on what he did last year, he is being drafted far too LATE.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby J.C.Fighter » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:58 pm

LeBron James wrote:Delhomme will be this year's Romo AND Brady. He's probably going in the 8th or 9th rounds in most leagues, like Romo was last year. That's a good thing so I don't have to reach for him in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

No he won't . The man is coming back from elbow surgery for crying out loud. Who knows if he completely comes back from it...
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LeBron James » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:27 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
LeBron James wrote:Delhomme will be this year's Romo AND Brady. He's probably going in the 8th or 9th rounds in most leagues, like Romo was last year. That's a good thing so I don't have to reach for him in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

No he won't . The man is coming back from elbow surgery for crying out loud. Who knows if he completely comes back from it...

Yes, he will for crying out loud.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:44 pm

I've been happy getting Anderson and Cutler
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator