Garcia returns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Garcia returns

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Garcia Returns, Eager To Move Forward
By ANWAR S. RICHARDSON
The Tampa Tribune
Published: August 12, 2008

LAKE BUENA VISTA - Jeff Garcia is not completely healthy or happy. But he still has his job as the Bucs' starting quarterback and his sense of humor.

Garcia returned to practice Monday, in a limited capacity, for the first time since sustaining a calf strain 11 days earlier. He also spoke publicly for the first time since General Manager Bruce Allen and Coach Jon Gruden admitted to pursuing a trade for Brett Favre.

Any hard feelings?

"I'm just a journeyman according to some people. Why should I have any hard feelings?" Garcia said with a slight smile. "I'm thankful to have this job. I might pay Bruce and Jon for bringing me out here."

There have not been many reasons for Garcia to be happy during this year's training camp.

Garcia, 38, has failed to fully participate in 10 of Tampa Bay's 14 practices. He missed the first two days because of a previous commitment, and after three days of full practice he suffered a calf strain. He missed Saturday's preseason opener in Miami and is not sure whether he will play Sunday against New England.

The Bucs added to Garcia's disappointment when they looked into trading for former Green Bay quarterback Favre.

con't...

rest of article: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/aug/12 ... ports-bucs
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk