New Guy here - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

New Guy here

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Guy here

Postby TitansFan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself and thought this looked like a great site to be a part of. Not sure where to post so I just posted here in the beginner's forum but have been part of fantasy football for the last 5 years or so. I def would love some tips and suggestions as I draft in about 2 weeks with the #3 pick in a 12 team league standard scoring. I have been reading a lot of posts so that helps a lot too :). Hope to speak with you all real soon and can't wait for the fantasy season to begin!!!

I have been doing a lot of mock drafts this week and trying different strategies with the #3 pick. I def go RB in the 1st rd. usually Westbrook is my choice unless A.P. is availble. Then after that I try a RB/WR combo and pickup a decent starting WR but not great. Just wondering if anyone out there has this pick and there suggestions. Thanks guys!!!
TitansFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Guy here

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D

Look around, make yourself at home, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

As far as strategy for picking 3rd, Westbrook is a great choice. I wouldn't lock yourself too much into a plan of what positions you are going to get when. I like to go in with all my players ranked on a spreadsheet and just take the best player available when it gets to my turn. Good luck with your draft!
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:51 am

I love Westbroook in the 3 spot, too (unless ADP drops). For your 2nd rounder, expect to see WRs like:

Housh
Colston
Welker
Burress
Holt
C. Johnson
S. Smith

At RB:
McGahee (might be gone)
Grant (might be gone)
Jacobs
Parker
Jones-Drew
L. Maroney
Graham
Turner
Lewis

If it plays out this way, look to take Housh or Colston and come back with Jacobs, MJD, Maroney, or Graham. Whoever is left...

Just my opinion. Good luck!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby TitansFan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks Joe for the response...I like your idea for the 2nd pick with either a Colston or Burress and then I usually pick up Maroney or Jones-Drew if he is there still...I have also seen I could get both Colston and Burress with the 2nd and 3rd pick but that leaves me short on a solid 2nd rb so I probably wont go that way. Thanks for the helpful tips ;-D
TitansFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby spodog » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:21 pm

TitansFan wrote:Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself and thought this looked like a great site to be a part of.

Welcome, TitansFan.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgallegos » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:20 am

I definatly like housh or Jones-Drew in the second round...depending on how things go you might get lucky and scoop up Fitzgerald.
dgallegos
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum